MLMM Tale Weaver — Over the Top

Today’s Tale Weaver prompt from Mindlovemisery’s Menagerie asks us to compose a tale that involves “Over the Top.”

As soon as I saw that the topic was “over the top,” the thing — and I do mean “thing” — that came to mind was Donald Trump. That man, who currently occupies the Oval Office, is the epitome of someone who is over the top. And I don’t mean that in a good way.

When someone is characterized as being over the top, it means that they are behaving in an excessive or exaggerated manner. Yep, that’s Donald Trump, all right. Everything he says is exaggerated and excessive and a lie.

He’s been this way for most of his life, and certainly since he started his campaign for President in 2015. His first three years of his presidency had been full of exaggeration and excess. But in 2020, he’s been even more over the top than anyone ever thought he could be.

And yet, this over the top, megalomaniac, this narcissistic, racist, xenophobic, sexist, ignorant, moronic, lying sack of shit, may just get re-elected next week. And if that happens, the country I was born in, the country I was raised in, and the country I love will be gone.

And that will be tragic.

12 thoughts on “MLMM Tale Weaver — Over the Top

1. Paula Light October 29, 2020 / 8:16 pm

Yep. I just read that Miller has plans that were too extreme for the first 4 years

• Taze October 30, 2020 / 9:32 am

Once those policies have been enacted, it’s a hop, skip and jump to start limiting the freedoms and movements of American citizens.

2. Sadje October 29, 2020 / 8:26 pm

Love the pumpkin. It would be very very tragic if this pumpkin gets re-elected

• Fandango October 30, 2020 / 9:19 am

I wish I had that kinda talent. But kudos to whoever did carve it!

3. Michael October 30, 2020 / 11:50 am

One hopes this does not happen. But what a travesty if it does.

4. leigha66 November 5, 2020 / 7:41 pm

As of the 6 o’clock news no decision had been made yet. But the fight may go on until January. He definitely qualifies as over the top!