SoCS — Mmm!

m&mMy, my, my. For today’s Stream of Consciousness Saturday prompt, Linda G. Hill wants us to use any word that begins with the letter “m” as the subject or theme for our posts.

Maybe I will or maybe I won’t. Ha! Just kidding. My mission is to mobilize as many words as I can starting with the letter m for this post. But first, I may have to break into my Halloween stash and open up a fun-sized bag of M&M candies — don’t you love M&Ms? — in order to manufacture more energy, as I woke up this morning with a serious migraine and it’s made a mental case out of me.

I’m just kidding again. I never get migraines. I just tend to let my mind wander and I make things up sometimes.

But speaking about migraines: Donald Trump. What a madman he is. I believe that he is, by an order of magnitude, the worst president in American history. Some say he’s a monster. His malfeasance in the way he has failed to manage this COVID-19 health care crisis is momentous. And yet, he may just win the election by hook or by crook. You know that he and his Republican cronies are doing everything they can to manipulate the vote. I’ve never seen such malice toward the voting public. And they’re turning a blind eye to the menace of Russian hackers who are trying to break into the voting machines in order to subvert the will of the majority of mainstream Americans who want to end the madness and restore sanity, ethics, and integrity to the White House.

If Joe Biden can maintain his momentum and does manage to win, I will be almost manic in my excitement. The misery of four years with Trump as president will be over and I will feel as though a mountain of fear, doubt, and concern for the future of my country will have been lifted from my shoulders. And I will, once again, be able to feel happy and proud to be an American.

And wouldn’t that be magnificent?

Okay, I think I’ve used enough words that begin with the letter m in this post. And all modesty aside, I’d say that this post has been right on the money in that regard, right? Besides, it’s morning and I need to make myself a cup of coffee so I may prepare myself for whatever mayhem this Saturday has in store for me.

I hope you all have a marvelous day.

23 thoughts on “SoCS — Mmm!

1. Paula Light October 24, 2020 / 8:32 am

Mmm! This is my favorite M post and I want some M&Ms now! Unfortunately, you also mentioned the monster, but I will to pay that no mind. Ten days to a miracle?! Hope so…

2. inkdropk October 24, 2020 / 9:19 am

MMMM…..I like Chocolaaaate…..Ahem…..I mean this prompt 🙂

3. bikerchick57 October 24, 2020 / 9:55 am

Peanut M&M’s are the best! I stay away from them now, but always loved the sweet and salty.

I’m praying that Biden wins by a huge margin that the electoral college cannot deny. Trump needs to be fired and leave political life. He’s has been a huge black mark on our country.

• Fandango October 24, 2020 / 10:08 pm

I agree about Trump but I worry about ballots not being counted or voting machines being hacked and votes changed.

4. M. Oniker October 24, 2020 / 11:39 am

Caramel M & Ms were created by the devil. I can woof down an entire “share” bag by myself in one sitting. Marvelous use of the M prompt!

• Fandango October 24, 2020 / 10:17 pm

I will admit to being unable to stop once I start eating M&Ms.

5. Laura October 24, 2020 / 7:46 pm

And now I’m craving M&Ms in the most marvelous way.

• Fandango October 25, 2020 / 6:59 am