Blue Skies Ahead

In just two weeks

On November third

America’s winds will shift

The gray turns to blue

In the sky’s vivid hue

The sun will shine

For the first time again

In four years

My angry growl will be tamed

My nasty scowl it will devour

And alleviate

My hopelessness

And my anxieties

Written for these daily prompts: Ragtag Daily Prompt (gray turns to blue), The Daily Spur (growl), Word of the Day Challenge (vivid), Your Daily Word Prompt (devour), and Fandango’s One-Word Challenge (alleviate).

16 thoughts on “Blue Skies Ahead

1. newepicauthor October 22, 2020 / 4:45 pm

As the Allman Brothers sang, “You’re my blue sky, you’re my sunny day, Lord, you know it makes me high when you vote my way”.

2. Sumyanna October 22, 2020 / 4:46 pm

I’m standing in line right behind you 🙂 Can’t wait – no more wondering what other shoe will drop!

3. bushboy October 22, 2020 / 8:45 pm

Sounds like a good wish 😀 thanks for joining in Fandango

• Fandango October 22, 2020 / 10:31 pm

There was an interview I saw on TV today where a reporter talked to members of a far-right militia (terrorist) group who said that the only way that Trump could lose would be if the election was rigged or through fraud, and, so, if Trump didn’t win, the election would be illegitimate and he and his militia brothers would take up arms to defend the “rightful winner” (i.e., Trump).

• rugby843 October 23, 2020 / 10:04 am

Scary isn’t it? This whole past four years is like a nightmare. Freedom of expression is not being able to threaten and intimidate with deadly force. We’ve seen too much of that for a lot of years, but since Trump has been in office it has increased. He’s getting desperate now and I’m sure he and his minions have more crap planned.

4. Iain Kelly October 23, 2020 / 1:02 am

I really hope you’re right, but I still have a bad feeling about this…

• Fandango October 23, 2020 / 6:29 am

I was trying to be optimistic, but deep down inside, I, too, have a bad feeling.

5. leigha66 October 31, 2020 / 1:29 am

With all the high numbers of absentee ballots how long do you think it will be before there is a winner declared?