Rainbows and Unicorns

I keep having this fantasy that one day I’ll wake up and everything will be back to normal.

That we will elect a normal, rational, sane, and ethical president.

That the pandemic will be over and we can eschew wearing protective masks and maintaining social distancing.

That we can return to and accentuate living together in peace and harmony, regardless of race, gender identity, religion, or national origin…or even political ideology.

That we can put aside petty jealousy and bring out the best in one another.

Who am I kidding? I might as well be fantasizing about rainbows and unicorns.

Written for these daily prompts: Ragtag Daily Prompt (fantasy), Word of the Day Challenge (elect), Your Daily Word Prompt (eschew), Fandango’s One-Word Challenge (accentuate), and The Daily Spur (jealousy).

14 thoughts on “Rainbows and Unicorns

1. Marleen October 21, 2020 / 2:09 pm

There are really rainbows. I think the unicorns are gone, however.

2. cagedunn October 21, 2020 / 2:34 pm

When there is a third (or more) option for voters, when the air is clear, when all people are treated equally with the same access to health and social structures …
    Yeah, sorry, you’re better off dreaming of unicorns and clean seas.

3. Paula Light October 21, 2020 / 3:05 pm

I know. I’ve been having a lot of anxiety over the election and people’s behavior in general 😢

• Fandango October 21, 2020 / 3:40 pm

Tell me about it. I’m really worried about what’s going to happen on (and after) November 3rd.

4. Sumyanna October 21, 2020 / 5:16 pm

I so badly want us to start treating each other respectfully, no matter our differences. I miss that terribly. It can’t happen – till bigger change happens, sadly. Hoping that change will come soon!

5. Brian F Kirkham October 22, 2020 / 2:03 am

Fandango…speaking frankly as someone who didn’t vote for the current uk government and saw their enabler lauded by your current president…quick question….what colour do you want your unicorn ?

• Fandango October 22, 2020 / 9:16 am

I want my unicorn to be blue and for the rainbow to be blue and for the wave of votes to be blue. In case you don’t already know this, in U.S. politics blue is the color of the Democratic Party and red is the color of the Republican Party.

6. leigha66 October 29, 2020 / 6:55 pm

I think it sounds peachy keen… maybe dreams can come true!