Rory, aka A Guy Called Bloke, has posed a dozen questions for October that I thought were just weird enough for me to take on. Are you ready?
1. If another national lockdown was to occur, would you be better prepared for it today as in, have you been in a position to stockpile much-needed stocks? Or would you be no different to the last time?
I’d probably be no different than last time and then I’d use my blog to grouse about how there’s no toilet paper on the shelves in the stores.
2. What do you think makes for a really scary fiction story that would prevent you from turning off the lights before you went to sleep?
Pretty much any story written by Stephen King. Actually, that’s not true. I am not afraid of the dark. In fact, I like my room to be as dark as possible when I go to sleep and I even wear a sleep mask to keep everything totally black. And I’ve also been blessed with the ability to fall asleep within seconds of turning out the light. My ability to stay asleep through the entire night, though, is a whole nother story.
3. Which do you prefer to wear and why out of the following options?
Cotton, Denim, Cashmere, Chiffon, Lace, Leather, Linen, Wool, Organic Fabrics, Silk, Muslin, Polyester, Satin, Suede, Twill, Velvet, Moleskin, Mohair, Viscose.
Mostly cotton. Even my denim jeans, which I wear all the time, are made from cotton.
4. When getting dressed and you are putting on a dress, trousers, shorts, or skirts, and so on, which foot do you lead with, left or right … and why that way?
I just took off my pants and put them back on because I never thought about or paid attention to this. I stood on my right leg, lifted up my left leg and inserted into the left leg on my pants. Then I shifted my weight to my left leg and inserted my right leg into the right leg of my pants. Why that way? I have no clue and unless I just did what I did, I probably wouldn’t have known how to answer this question.
5. What is your blog’s primary genre and what are the secondary genres?
I titled my blog “This, That, and the Other” because it has no primary or secondary genre. I write about whatever occurs to me.
6. Has blogging and belonging to a community of fellow bloggers and writers alike, changed you as a person or inspired you in any way? Explain.
I’ve always enjoyed and appreciated the community of bloggers I interact with every day and these bloggers inspire me to continue blogging and to attempt to write engaging posts. So yes, blogging has both changed and inspired me.
7. Name 3 television programs that you watched and enjoyed as a child and then explain what made them good for you back then?
Only 3? Okay, I was really into Westerns when I was a kid, so it’s tough to choose just three. But I’m going to go with “Gunsmoke,” “Have Gun, Will Travel,” and “Maverick.” Honorable mention to “Wagon Train,” “Bonanza,” The Rifleman,” and “The Wild, Wild West.”
8. How do you celebrate you when you have time to pamper yourself?
I eat an edible, marijuana-infused marshmallow.
9. Do you listen to any Podcasts or Vlog Diaries on a regular basis, and if so, what are they and why are they so good?
10. Have you ever walked in on a couple having sex? If so, did you 1] Scream in horror make apologies and run out, 2] Make your way out but acting cool about it all, or 3] Laugh out loud and say “Alrighty then, game on!!” and join in?
None of the above. I did once walk in on the guy I shared a two-bedroom apartment with shortly after graduating from college. I thought my roommate and his girlfriend, who were in the throes of passion, didn’t notice me, so I just walked out and closed the door behind me. About an hour later, I was asleep in my room when I felt someone getting in my bed and cuddling up with me. She was my roommate’s girlfriend and she asked me if I liked what I saw. Then she reached around and grabbed my crotch. I stopped her and told her that I wasn’t comfortable having sex with my roommate’s girlfriend. She chuckled and said, “It’s okay, he gave me his permission.”
11. What do you think lives in the 80% of the ocean that is unexplored and unmapped?
Giant squids and octopuses, Godzilla, the Kraken, Hydra, the Lock Ness Monster, and all manner of sea serpents.
12. Do you read book reviews before purchasing a book new to you or do you simply buy a book based upon what you have read on the sale description or back page. If you do, how influenced are you by those reviews? (Question inspired by Sadje of Keep it Alive.)
These days I read only ebooks. If I’m looking for a new book to read from an author I’m unfamiliar with, yes, I’ll read a review or two. If I read favorable reviews, I am probably more likely to download the book than I am to download one that has only mediocre or mixed reviews.