The Monday Peeve — The Media

Through her The Monday Peeve prompt, Paula Light invites us to vent on Mondays, to let off some stream, to get something off our chests. This week, my peeve is with the mainstream media. Why? Well, I’m glad you asked. Let me tell you.You’d think that, after four years of Trump’s lying, misleading, diverting, and distracting, the mainstream media would get it. But yet the media carries on as if everything that comes from Trump, the White House, and the lackeys in his administration is the gospel truth.

Did Trump really test positive for coronavirus, or is this just another way to distract us from his taxes, his efforts to cast doubts upon the election which, if everything was fair and above board, he’d be likely to lose, and all of the other underhanded, unethical, and probably criminal things he’s done?

The media’s tendency is to continue to amplify, rather than analyze, his lies. They’re buying all of his bullshit hook, line, and sinker. They’re covering this coronavirus “thing” under the assumption that it is what they’re told by Trump and his cronies it is. But is it? Could it simply be yet another distraction designed to garner sympathy, good wishes for a speedy recovery, and to bolster his support among his base right before the election?

Trump is like a pickpocket who distracts your attention with one hand while he grabs your with the other hand. He intentionally tries to keep reporters busy fact-checking and debunking all of his lies, but the media shouldn’t fall for it. The media must evolve in order to protect and safeguard the truth. It must refuse to fall for Trump’s continuous onslaught of lies. We know we can’t trust Trump to speak the truth, but I don’t think, after four years, we can yet trust the mainstream media to cut through the bullshit and tell it like it is, either.

I’m sorry, mainstream media, but you need to do your job, which is to see him for what he is, an authoritarian leader who uses lies as a weapon against us; against the truth. Unlike any other president before him, everything he says needs to be taken with a grain of salt. Everything he does is for the ratings or to boost his fragile ego and feed his extreme narcissistic personality disorder.

So yeah, I’m pissed at the mainstream media. Really, really pissed.

14 thoughts on “The Monday Peeve — The Media

1. lssattitudeofgratitude October 5, 2020 / 12:25 pm

Very much the truth. I still doubt he has/had the virus. Too convenient. I also wish the general public would wake up and see the evil leading our country.

2. Liz October 5, 2020 / 1:47 pm

When I read he got it, there was no sympathy from me. I am just waiting for him to die from it. I wonder how many more are waiting?

• Liz October 5, 2020 / 9:05 pm

I seen him in car on the news yesterday waving to the public. Yet if we have it, we are supposed to self-isolate.

• Fandango October 5, 2020 / 10:07 pm

Yep, that’s what we are SUPPOSED to do.

• Liz October 6, 2020 / 12:06 am

One rule for him, a different one for everyone else.
            I was only chatting about the rule thing in general with my neighbour recently. They wonder why some of us don’t follow. Well, we have a fine example.

3. RuthScribbles October 5, 2020 / 4:12 pm

You need to watch MSNBC. They analyze the heck out of his antics and call him on lies.

4. XingfuMama October 6, 2020 / 7:33 am

You are right about them following his distraction. I wish they would find a way to cover a story through to the end instead of gadding off on the latest tangent. We also should have been hearing more about the wildfires and hurricanes and their aftermath, pieces about how people are managing as the virus ramps back up instead of having every member of the press either sitting outside the hospital or interviewing panels of doctors.