Share Your World — Mostly Sensible Questions

Share Your World

It’s Monday and that means that it’s time for Melanie to ask us to answer this week’s Share Your World questions. Here we go.

When was the last time you tried something new? How did that go for you?

I’m going to use the phrase “tried something new” in the loosest sense. Last night, after having just completed almost a week of binge-watching four seasons of “Mozart in the Jungle,” we started watching a new show (well, new for us, anyway) called “The Break.” It’s another foreign detective drama series — this one take place in Belgium — and is in French with subtitles. We watched the first three episodes of season one. How did that go for us? Well, so far so good — good enough, anyway, that we’ll continue watching it.

What’s the most sensible thing you’ve ever heard someone say?

Don’t believe anything that comes out of the White House as long as Trump is president.

How old would you be if you didn’t know how old you are?

As old as I am. You can’t fool Mother Nature!

Lastly, I’ll be doing one “Halloween” themed question per week during October. Those who don’t observe the holiday are welcome to answer or to ignore it as they wish.

Fun CREEPY Halloween Question:

Have you ever seen a ‘fresh’ corpse (aka dead body)?

Sure, plenty of times — on TV detective shows or in movies. As to real life, I don’t think so. Or if I did, I blocked it out of my memory.

14 thoughts on “Share Your World — Mostly Sensible Questions

1. rugby843 October 5, 2020 / 10:25 am

I really enjoyed Mozart in the Jungle. After watching a depressing movie I decided to watch the great British baking show. It was fun.

• Marleen October 5, 2020 / 11:21 am

I would recommend Mozart in the Jungle.

• Fandango October 5, 2020 / 1:23 pm

I enjoyed it to, but by season 4 I thought it started to get a little weird.

• Marleen October 5, 2020 / 2:27 pm

There were some weird moments; the whole thing worked together, for me, because… well, shall I include a spoiler?

2. rugby843 October 5, 2020 / 10:28 am

Really liked MinJ and started watching Great British Baking show…light and funny for a change of pace.  I watch a lot of detective and murder mysteries so needed a change. I’ve seen two dead bodies, one in Walmart and one at a neighbor.  My husband applied cpr but it was too late.

Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android

3. Marleen October 5, 2020 / 12:06 pm

If you like foreign mysteries, you might like Hinterland. It’s based in Wales. There is a different language touched on, but it’s not all about subtitles.

I have to think about what I’ve done new.

I’m, generally, a person open to new ways of doing things and new thoughts (while very grounded at the same time). But I have more of a bar before I call something a new activity for me. Okay, well, I’ll stick to the area; I’ve started tolerating horror genre movies/shows (only if thoughtful… not slasher stuff). Now that it’s come to that, it’s the same sort of bar, I’d say, after all. And it is actually significant.

The most reasonable thing I’ve ever heard someone say is that you can’t reason someone out of a place they didn’t reason themselves into. (Really, there is a variation; such as you don’t know the reason. Maybe some guy plays “conservative” or Trumpite so his loony wife will sleep with him once in while.)

The age I would be if I didn’t know my age is 40. I’m older than Melania but look and, I’m sure, feel younger. I might select somewhere in my thirties if I could change things up.

For the last question, I have to answer yes… but that it was neither fun or creepy. I remembered a coworker (an atheist), decades ago, telling me that her dad’s spirit was still in the room for a short time when he died. And I agreed that made sense. I spoke to the dead person (who was not my dad). It was the sentiments of a prayer, but not a prayer. I told her I expect to see her again. (And now I’m crying.)

• Marleen October 6, 2020 / 9:11 am

Thank you, Melanie.

{By the way, Mozart in the Jungle pertains to the city version of a current “jungle” and revolves around a male conductor who can’t seem to find himself, but whom all oddly adore.}

• Marleen October 8, 2020 / 6:42 pm

I’m going to recommend The Vow as a sort of horror show. God Almighty; I pray for everyone I love to be spared (or wise enough) to avoid cults, any kind of cult. This one isn’t about religion. (The subheading says “Inside an alleged sex cult” — and sex has been involved, but I’d say it’s a business or “self-improvement” cult.

4. Sadje October 5, 2020 / 6:01 pm

You can’t believe anything coming out of White House, how true.

5. Melanie B Cee October 6, 2020 / 8:33 am

Thanks Fandango for Sharing YOur World and some very thoughtful answers to the series of questions today! ☺The TV version of the corpse is probably the best way to see a dead body. It’s not a great experience in real life, and I’m not talking about those prepared and stuffed in a coffin. I’ve seen my fair share of those, but hubby remains the only ‘freshly’ dead body I ever saw. That’s just fine with me too. Now about this Mozart in the Jungle? What sort of show is that? British murder mystery type? Comedy? Sci fi? That sounds really uh…different.. Have a fabulous week!

• Fandango October 6, 2020 / 4:32 pm

It’s a comedy/drama about a bunch of musicians who play for the New York Symphony and about the politics of fundraising for the arts.

6. leigha66 October 13, 2020 / 5:48 pm

Following your lead Fandango, we gave Cobra Kai a try on Netflix as something new. It was not like the movie but kind of funny in spots. As for the Halloween question… I saw both my mom and dad, saw dad take his last breath. It is something I wish I could unsee.