As most of you know
- I blog using my iPhone
- I hate the block editor because it sucks on an iPhone
And, as most of you also know, I host a number of prompts, including my daily FOWC with Fandango prompt. What I do with this (and my other prompts), is
- log on to https://fivedotoh.com/wp-admin
- use the classic editor version on the wp-admin site
- copy the latest published or recently scheduled post for the new prompt post
- that opens up the post to be copied in classic editor
- make the necessary changes for the new prompt post in the classic editor
- save and schedule the updated post for the appropriate day and time in the classic editor
But as of today, when I go to the wp-admin site on my iPhone and try to copy an existing post that was published using the classic editor, it opens up the copied post in the goddam fucking block editor. At least it does on my iPhone — I haven’t tried it yet on my laptop.
And as of today, even if I’m logged on to wp-admin, when I go to add a new post, it opens up the block editor with no option to use the classic editor.
I’m going to reach out to the WordPress happiness engineers, but I’m pretty sure I know what they’ll tell me: “Too bad, so sad.”
But I’m telling you folks, this may be the proverbial straw that broke the proverbial camel’s back. If this is the way it’s going to be from now on, I may stop posting my prompts. Hell, I may stop posting altogether.