One Liner Wednesday — Cowards and Fools

“To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears. To be led by a fool is to be led by the opportunists who control the fool.”

Author Octavia Butler

Yes, I know, this is two sentences, but given that the current American “leader” is both a coward and a fool, I think it fits. Sure, I suppose if I wanted to, I could have put a semicolon between “fears” and “to” instead of a period in order to create one sentence, which would still have been grammatically correct.

But I’m counting on you to let this two sentence One-Liner Wednesday go and not tattle on me to Linda. Don’t let me down, folks.

18 thoughts on “One Liner Wednesday — Cowards and Fools

1. kajmeister26 September 30, 2020 / 7:40 am

I agree with sentence, and good on you for the Octavia Butler, but the Fool card in Tarot (which I happen to be very familiar with) is a positive card, representing new ventures and being willing to take risks towards the unknown. El Presidente needs to be represented by the Tower card, which signifies violent upheaval and ruinous change… nothing good from the Tower… There are six or seven cards that represent change, which can sometimes be evolving slowly or helpfully. Even Death can be a good change card as it represents the “natural order.” The Tower is the Sh*tShow we are seeing, so that’s the right card. Don’t you be criticizin’ my Fool card!

2. Maggie September 30, 2020 / 7:57 am

Since I cannot argue with either line, you definitely get a pass in my book.

3. Laura September 30, 2020 / 8:31 am

No tattling here. It seems like an excellent assessment to me.

4. bikerchick57 September 30, 2020 / 9:28 am

What happens on your blog page, stays on your blog page. I’m cool with that.

5. rugby843 September 30, 2020 / 10:19 am

I wanted to like each comment above but since my phone has upgraded it wants me to resign into WP each time. No way! That’s why I also prefer email comments. Just sayin’…

• Fandango September 30, 2020 / 10:17 pm

That’s weird that it asks you to sign in just to like each comment. Is that true even if you’re reading the posts in your reader?

6. JT Twissel September 30, 2020 / 12:50 pm

You could separate the two with a . . . Very appropriate saying for the times.