Time for a Test

Covid-19 testI’m walking my dog; she’s walking hers. I don’t know her name or anything about her, but she lives in the house next door to the house directly across the street from mine.

Trying to be neighborly, I wave and say hello. She says hello back to me. “How are you?” I ask.

She says, “Fine, thanks, and you?”

“Doing okay,” I say.

She says, “I just got back from visiting my son. He’s a freshman in college.”

“That’s nice,” I say.

She says, “He’s under quarantine. He and his girlfriend both tested positive for the coronavirus.”

“Oh, I’m sorry to hear that,” I say.

She says, “But we had a nice visit nonetheless.”

“I hope you wore a mask during your visit,” I say.

She says, “Oh, was I supposed to do that?”

“Did you get tested?” I ask.

She says, “No need, I feel fine.”

“Gotta run,” I say, as I pull on my dog’s leash and leave abruptly.

I have an appointment to get a COVID-19 test later today.

14 thoughts on “Time for a Test

1. Mister Bump UK September 25, 2020 / 7:02 am

Can’t hurt.

Bear in mind that originally the WHO’s defined “close proximity” as “not closer than 1m for more than fifteen minutes”, i.e. there was a time element. This was conveniently dropped by the media.

• RuthScribbles September 25, 2020 / 10:01 am

You know now they know it stays in the air for a while and depending on the air flow. 🤷🏻‍♀️

2. rugby843 September 25, 2020 / 8:02 am

I’m with Mr B. It can’t hurt. Or maybe it can, I haven’t been tested myself. I go in to my doc next week for a pre colonoscopy appt. Yea….so maybe they’ll do one then. He’s supposed to give me some meds so I dont end up vomiting all night from the prep crap they give you for the colonoscopy. God I hope so. The test itself a cinch, it’s the prep I dread. 🤯😥

• Fandango September 25, 2020 / 12:34 pm

Yeah, prepping for a colonoscopy is brutal.

3. Sadje September 25, 2020 / 8:55 am

Oops! I got tested twice, once before traveling and once after I got home. Thankfully it was negative both times.

4. RuthScribbles September 25, 2020 / 9:59 am

Oy oy oy I’ve heard it’s best to wait 3 or 4 days after exposure because the evil bug takes a few days to take up lodging! Good luck!!

5. Taswegian1957 September 25, 2020 / 3:51 pm

Hard to believe that anybody doesn’t know when to use a mask after so many months. She should not have been visiting them at all really.

• Fandango September 25, 2020 / 5:05 pm

I agree. She should have deferred her trip until they were out of quarantine.

6. leigha66 October 3, 2020 / 6:58 pm

Are people really that uneducated? Does she live in a cave that receives no media of any kind?

• Fandango October 3, 2020 / 10:52 pm

I think a lot of people believe Trump and/or whatever they see and hear on Fox News.