Two Birds, One Stone

Today I’m going to kill two birds with one stone. No offense to birds or to bird lovers. It’s just an expression, so get over it.

Anyway, Dr. Tanya offered us her 5 Things prompt and it’s all about potatoes. And Frank has given us his Truthful Tuesday post, which is about eating. So, since potatoes are made for eating, I have decided to write one post in response to these two prompts.

Let’s start with Dr.Tanya’s 5 things.5 Things

She wants to know our five favorite ways to eat potatoes.

• Baked with butter and sour cream
  • French fries with ketchup (or sometimes beef gravy if available)
  • Mashed with butter (or sometimes beef gravy if available)
  • Tater Tots
  • Hash browns
  • Home fries

Okay, that’s six. Sue me.

And now for Frank’s questions about our eating habits.Frank wants to know our truthful answers to:

Are you an adventurous eater, or do you prefer to play it safe when you’re feeling peckish?

I don’t know that “adventurous eater” is the right way to describe me, but I do like to eat a lot of things other people might not appreciate. Sushi (raw fish), for example. Or raw clams and oysters on the half shell. Octopus and squid. And, of course, Ben & Jerry’s Stephen Colbert’s Americone Dream ice cream.

Do you prefer dining in or dining out?

Dining out? I’m sorry, can you remind me again what dining out is?

When you dine in, who does the cooking?

If I want to eat something that tastes good and is healthy, my wife cooks.

When you dine out, do you tend to stick to places you know, or do you look for new places to try?

Back in the Before Days, when dining out was an option, I could always be on board for trying a new restaurant. That said, I could also be up for going back to a place where I knew the food was good.

17 thoughts on “Two Birds, One Stone

1. newepicauthor September 22, 2020 / 10:35 am

I just bought a pint of Ben & Jerry’s Stephen Colbert’s Americone Dream ice cream, but I have not tried it yet.

• newepicauthor September 23, 2020 / 6:46 am

I tried the Ben & Jerry’s Stephen Colbert’s Americone Dream ice cream last night and it is a bit too sweet for my taste and also I didn’t like all the stuff that got stuck to my teeth, so I will be sticking with my Häagen-Dazs Cherry Vanilla.

• Fandango September 23, 2020 / 10:15 am

Well, different strokes for different folks, I guess. At least you tried.

• newepicauthor September 23, 2020 / 10:18 am

I ate a small bowl probably about a third of the pint and it is not like I am going to throw it out, but I was a bit disappointed because it was too sweet for me.

2. rugby843 September 22, 2020 / 11:41 am

I agree with all. Bon apetit

Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android

3. Astrid September 22, 2020 / 12:16 pm

Great response to the five things. I honestly cannot think of five ways I like to eat potatoes, let alone six.

• Fandango September 22, 2020 / 11:36 pm

Get used to it because I’m not sure life will ever return to what it was like before.

4. drtanya@saltedcaramel September 24, 2020 / 9:42 am

Thanks for sharing your favourite potatoes.
    I wish the pandemic could be over and we could all go back to eating out whwnever we liked.

5. leigha66 September 30, 2020 / 1:46 pm

One potato that would have to be on my list is impossible to find anymore. Growing up we had a Shakey’s Pizza in town and they did mojo fries… thin sliced and fried. Not as thin and crisp as a potato chip but not soft as a french fry, They were great!