Questions That Make Sense

It’s been a while since I’ve participated in one of Rory’s intriguing prompts, but I had some time on my hands today, so I figured I’d jump in and respond to the four aces he threw at us today.

1. What three senses could you NOT live without? Discuss why.

I’ve already lost my sense of taste, and I can’t hear out of my left ear, so my sense of hearing is down by 50%. But I think the most important sense and the one I’d hate losing the most is my common sense.

2. What is your favorite of these two and why? Pen or Pencil.

I honestly can’t remember the last time I used a pencil, so if I must choose between pen and pencil, I’d go with pen. That said, my handwriting is essentially illegible, even to me, so I’d choose neither a pen nor a pencil, but a keyboard or keypad.

3. What are your top 3 colors and why are they your favorites?

Blue, light gray, and dark gray. Hmm. I guess I’m just not a very colorful person.

4. Are you able to list 10 basic smells and if so what are they?

• Popcorn πŸ‘
  • Dog or cat poop πŸ‘Ž
  • The smell of cooking on an outdoor grill πŸ‘
  • The smell of a wood-burning fire (in a fireplace, of course) πŸ‘
  • Another person’s farts πŸ‘Ž
  • My farts πŸ‘
  • Body odor πŸ‘Ž
  • Sizzling bacon πŸ‘
  • Cigarette or cigar smoke πŸ‘Ž
  • Freshly baked bread πŸ‘

11 thoughts on “Questions That Make Sense

1. Sadje September 18, 2020 / 6:14 pm

Interesting choice of smells! 🀣 Most men like the colors you chose. My hubby is the same.

2. Ian Kay September 19, 2020 / 1:57 am

The worst farts are those from a dog. It must be something it ate. 😬

3. Marleen September 20, 2020 / 12:48 pm

I like pencils better than pens. However, pens are more in use today because of the occasional need to sign a contract or that kind of thing.

The reasons I like pencils are that I can erase and redo when drawing or writing. I do prefer writing by hand, rather than typing, for composition.

My handwriting is also very indecipherable, but I think better in terms of word flow with cursive. As for drawing, hard and soft leads are fun.

• Fandango September 20, 2020 / 10:34 pm

Yes, I can see, when it comes to drawing and sketching, pencils are better than pens, but otherwise, I prefer pens.

• Marleen October 5, 2020 / 10:03 am

I don’t think I could choose which sense(s) to give up, or which three to keep (letting the other two slide). But β€” curiously tying in with the attraction to drawing and writing by hand β€” I was quite moved by the following story. I thought I had seen the same mini doc before… sure enough. But it aired again in the last few days.

Architect … goes blind, says he’s actually better at his job
        β€” CBS 60 Minutes

P.S. I suppose I’d let taste and smell go if I HAD TO choose. And I can further deduce that touch and sight are my top picks for enjoyment. Plus, communication can happen, obviously, without hearing (although I certainly like hearing moderation and pacing and so forth of voice… and I β€œget to pick” three).

4. Carol anne September 22, 2020 / 12:08 am

Lol I got a giggle with the smells you listed! Great answers! πŸ˜€

5. leigha66 September 26, 2020 / 12:23 am

Great answer for number one and I love the way you approved, or not, with the smells.