One-Liner Wednesday — Broken

Seth Meyers

“It’s hard to watch what’s happening in our country and avoid the conclusion that everything is broken.”

Seth Meyers, American comedian and late night talk show host.

I think Seth Meyers, in the A Closer Look segment of his “Late Night with Seth Meyers” TV show from Monday night, expressed how most of us in America are feeling these days. And with only 47 days until the election on November 3rd, it seems that, with every passing day, things are getting more and more broken.

Written for today’s One-Liner Wednesday prompt from Linda G. Hill.

11 thoughts on “One-Liner Wednesday — Broken

1. animar64 September 16, 2020 / 7:55 am

So I had a comment removed from FB- I said a Trump Supporter who thought BLM are terrorists is a fool and they took it down because I was being a bully. Reality means nothing to to Trump OR his supporters or the poorly built social medium platform that coddles them.

• Fandango September 16, 2020 / 11:06 am

They leave up Trump’s incendiary posts and his lies, but take yours down for being a bully. Sheesh.

• Marleen September 16, 2020 / 11:51 am

People who call BLM protesters terrorists are bullies or worse.

2. Laura September 16, 2020 / 11:13 am

It surely does. Hard to imagine how we’ll ever fix it all.

• Fandango September 16, 2020 / 12:31 pm

It may be beyond repair. 😕

3. RuthScribbles September 16, 2020 / 1:01 pm

They sure are! And I’m getting more and more sad. I am going to vote in person, regardless of conditions… I’ll wear a shield and a mask and hope the bug does not show it’s evil tentacles.