I’ve been nominated by s.s. at Mindfills for the Sunshine Blogger Award. So thank you, s.s. for the nod.
I don’t follow most of the rules for these blog awards, but I do answer questions, and the questions for this award are intriguing because they come from song lyrics. So here goes.
1. What’s love got to do with it? (Tina Turner)
My question is what “it” is. Before I can tell you what role love has in “it,” I need more information.
2. What if we said goodbye to safe and sound? (Troye Sivan)
I guess we’ll find out if Donald Trump gets re-elected in November.
3. Who’s zoomin who? (Aretha Franklin)
These days, everybody’s zooming everyone else in order to stay in touch with family and friends.￼
4. How do you sleep? (Sam Smith)
Fine. Thanks for asking.
5. How do you want to be remembered? (Magic)
I’d like to be remembered fondly, but I’ll be dead, so….
6. What if God was one of us? (Joan Osbourne)
He’d probably be lying in the street with a cop’s knee on his neck yelling “I can’t breathe.”
7. Where did all the good people go? (Jack Johnson)
I’ll let you know when I get there.
8. Are you listening? (Paramore)
What? Did you say something?
9. Do you practice what you preach? (Black Eyed Peas)
I don’t preach. I express my opinions, my perspectives, and my observations. Take ’em or leave ’em.
10. What are you waiting for? (Nickelback)
11. Why worry? (Dire straits)
I’m going to tag Jim Adams. As host of the popular Song Lyric Sunday series, these questions are right up his alley.