The Users’ Group Meeting

“So are you ready to give your big presentation at the users’ group meeting next week?” Darlene asked Alan, her team leader.

“You betcha, Darlene,” Alan said enthusiastically. “I’ve practiced my speech a dozen times. Do you think you’ll be able to demonstrate the latest version of our app and won’t run into that glitch we were having a few weeks ago?”

“I’ve been trouble shooting the demo all week, especially focusing on the issue, and so far so good,” Darlene said.

“How about giving me a sample of what you’ll be demoing?” Alan asked.

Darlene connected her laptop to the overhead projector and opened up the app. She started demonstrating all of the latest features and enhancements on the large screen.

“That’s stupendous, Darlene,” Alan said. “I have no doubt that our users will be universally thrilled when we rollout our new WordPress Block Editor next week!”

Written for these daily prompts: Fandango’s One-Word Challenge (speech), Your Daily Word Prompt (demonstrate) Ragtag Daily Prompt (glitch), Jibber Jabber (especially), The Daily Spur (sample), and WOTD of the Day Challenge (stupendous).

17 thoughts on “The Users’ Group Meeting

• J.E.M. Wildfire August 30, 2020 / 10:11 am

So far, I seem to. I haven’t selected the option to try the new one, but I haven’t noticed any difference. Thinking that means I haven’t been switched automatically.

• J.E.M. Wildfire September 4, 2020 / 9:36 pm

WP just switched me to the new editor. It’s horrible! I hope I’ll be able to write on either Word or Scrivener & import it into WP. Otherwise, I think I need to find another platform.

• Fandango September 4, 2020 / 11:18 pm

I agree. I write my drafts on Word on my iPhone and then copy and paste it. But I wish they’d just give us back our classic editor.

1. newepicauthor August 29, 2020 / 5:50 pm

Darlene and Alan are the Happiness Engineers, with no clue of what the average user wants.

2. Marleen August 29, 2020 / 6:14 pm

Lol 😂 lol 😂 lol

3. Jen Goldie August 29, 2020 / 6:57 pm

Uh huh “She started demonstrating all of the latest features and enhancements on the
    LARGE screen.”
    None of them use a TINY screen I guess. It’s such a pity they don’t have phones. 😪

4. leigha66 September 4, 2020 / 7:09 pm

If only they had some hint of an idea what the users wanted!