5 Things — My Favorite Sandwiches

5things Dr. Tanya has this prompt called “5 Things,” where she asks us to list five things about a particular topic. Her latest topic is our five favorite sandwiches.

In no particular order of favoriteness, mine would be:

• Grilled Reuben sandwich — a grilled sandwich composed of corned beef, Swiss cheese, sauerkraut, and Russian dressing, grilled between slices of rye bread.4CD2CC54-7EDE-4E01-84BA-78F9C9BA56CC
  • Philly Cheesesteak — thinly sliced pieces of beefsteak and melted cheese in a long hoagie roll, often with grilled onions and sometimes mushrooms.6947A888-8BE6-4426-A7F2-4AAAC218D133
  • French Dip — a hot sandwich consisting of thinly sliced roast beef on a “French roll” or baguette. It often has Swiss cheese, onions, and a dipping container of beef broth produced from the cooking process.BECF8452-B4DC-4F71-8226-0836AA91212A
  • Tuna Fish sandwich — a sandwich made from canned tuna, typically made into a tuna salad by adding mayonnaise, and sometimes other ingredients such as sweet pickle relish, chopped celery, or chopped onions. I like mine on whole wheat toast with Swiss Cheese.113DFE7B-DC5E-4AB6-94B6-CE03ADBB7F49
  • Bacon Cheeseburger — a hamburger on a bun topped with cheese and two slices of bacon. Can include lettuce, sliced tomato, and sliced onion. I like mine cooked medium rare.55E7218E-F13D-405A-ABF0-EDD0FC5DAFC3

19 thoughts on “5 Things — My Favorite Sandwiches

1. Mason Bushell August 18, 2020 / 3:18 am

Good grief, Fandango! How am I supposed to write things when you go and make me hungry! Seriously a very delectable post about some wonderful looking sandwiches. I particularly like the look of the grilled Rueben, that looks divine.

2. Mister Bump UK August 18, 2020 / 4:29 am

Gosh, all that bread would kill me. I could probable get away with the tuna and the top one…but sauerkraut??? 🤣

3. newepicauthor August 18, 2020 / 7:23 am

I just had breakfast, but now I am hungry again after reading your post.

4. Marleen August 19, 2020 / 2:55 pm

Reubens are the best sandwich, to me.

Second is the French dip.
    [It might be a toss up.]

Tuna is great; sometimes including boiled egg. Cheddar cheese is good on it. And the avacado looks yummy.

I have to name the poor boy sandwiches my dad and I used to get from a corner store in St. Louis called Ol’ Danny’s when I would go to work with him. Learned I like mustard. That’s not replaceable. So, lox and capers and bagel goes here now. But I also like sliced buffalo deli sliced chicken with Lorraine Swiss or Muenster cheese.

Does a fish taco count?

• Fandango August 19, 2020 / 10:53 pm

Well, I guess one might consider a fish taco to be a sandwich. Or not!

• Marleen August 21, 2020 / 7:23 pm

I really need it to be a corn tortilla.

5. leigha66 August 21, 2020 / 3:27 pm

It is too close to dinner time to be looking at this post. I’m with you except the reuben sandwich. I’d replace it with either old fashioned PB&J or PB&P … that would be peanut butter and pickle. 🥪

• leigha66 August 21, 2020 / 6:07 pm

Yeah! It is good with either dill or if you want it sweet use bread and butter pickles. My Dad used to eat them all the time and occasionally add a slice of american cheese. I don’t care for the cheese too much.

6. ashley August 26, 2020 / 1:34 pm

I’m such a fan of sandwiches! Especially Reubens because sauerkraut is my favorite. Do you have the recipe for the one photographed? It looks incredible.