Dr. Tanya has this prompt called “5 Things,” where she asks us to list five things about a particular topic. Her latest topic is our five favorite sandwiches.
In no particular order of favoriteness, mine would be:
- Grilled Reuben sandwich — a grilled sandwich composed of corned beef, Swiss cheese, sauerkraut, and Russian dressing, grilled between slices of rye bread.
- Philly Cheesesteak — thinly sliced pieces of beefsteak and melted cheese in a long hoagie roll, often with grilled onions and sometimes mushrooms.
- French Dip — a hot sandwich consisting of thinly sliced roast beef on a “French roll” or baguette. It often has Swiss cheese, onions, and a dipping container of beef broth produced from the cooking process.
- Tuna Fish sandwich — a sandwich made from canned tuna, typically made into a tuna salad by adding mayonnaise, and sometimes other ingredients such as sweet pickle relish, chopped celery, or chopped onions. I like mine on whole wheat toast with Swiss Cheese.
- Bacon Cheeseburger — a hamburger on a bun topped with cheese and two slices of bacon. Can include lettuce, sliced tomato, and sliced onion. I like mine cooked medium rare.