Fandango’s Dog Days of August #14

Fandango’s Dog Days of AugustDo you need a muse to get your creative juices flowing during these hot, sultry days of August? Try a dose of Fandango’s Dog Days of August prompt.

At 6:00 am Pacific time each day this month, I will be posting a new theme. Today’s theme is “your daily routine.” Do you follow a daily routine? Many of us are creatures of habit. We have routines that we follow, whether it’s the time we get up each day or go to bed, what we do during the day, or how we spend our time. For some, it can be disruptive if our routines are interrupted. Share a story, a poem, a photo, a drawing, some music, or whatever you wish to share about your daily routine.

If you wish to participate, please write your post, use the tag #FDDA, and create a pingback to this post or manually add your link in the comments.

And, of course, take some time to read the other responses to this prompt. See how other bloggers are coping with the dog days of August.

19 thoughts on “Fandango’s Dog Days of August #14

1. rugby843 August 14, 2020 / 7:27 am

My daily routine starts nicely but as soon as I read the news, with another vicious blurb from Trump, I feel sad and depressed and at the worst, frustrated at how he never stops spewing lies and hate inciting the same in his followers.  I feel I’m in a completely different dimension.  This morning ith his birther theory again, I fail to see how anyone can believe anything he says anymore.  He is full of hate and fear he’s going to lose.  I thought it has to be a nightmare I can’t wake from.Sorry, Fandango, but its getting to me way too much.

Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android

• newepicauthor August 14, 2020 / 11:22 am

Did you watch that news conference yesterday where the guy asked him if he feels sorry for all the lying that he has done to the American public. That was so funny.

• Fandango August 14, 2020 / 1:13 pm

Yes, and he was unable (or unwilling) to answer it, so he just moved on to the next questioner. 🙄

• Fandango August 14, 2020 / 12:39 pm

It’s getting to me, too. I hate everything about him. What he says, what he does, what he tweets. But most of all, I hate that he’s getting away with it.

• Marleen August 14, 2020 / 2:17 pm

I hated that he tried the birtherism schtick in the context of Kamala… yesterday, I think it was. I quickly chuckled, took a couple deep breaths, and decided to ignore it.

Perhaps I should remove the news updates on my phone. Nah.

• rugby843 August 14, 2020 / 3:13 pm

He must hate black people, triedit with Obama. He may be jealous of their honest success

2. Marleen August 14, 2020 / 4:17 pm

While coffee isn’t the first thing I do when I wake up, it is the first thing I get to after I am up. (It doesn’t have to be; if there is some pressing reason I need to run out the door, I can do that first.) It’s usually with my second cup of coffee that I tap in a packet of a niacin supplement (which is also available in a capsule but serves as a bit of a sweetener as straight powder): TruNiagen (a B3)

I take other supplements throughout the day, just because I’m like that, but I don’t have a precise schedule for them. I don’t even have a routine for times to eat, right now; I generally notice if there were three times (or more) or not. I am being more consistent about using more supplements now than I was or did before COVID-19. I watch world-event videos when I wake and when I go to bed.

By “supplements” I do mean food-related nutrients (vitamins, minerals, amino acids, complete protein powder, perhaps enzymes, etcetera). I don’t mean weird things like chlor- anything or hydr- anything. I make sure to drink water, and not only coffee. And I do things I’ve mentioned before — enjoy nature, exercise and stretch, meditate and so on, interact — with no particular clockwork.

3. Pingback: Written for FDDA