Sunday Writing Prompt — The Context of Sex

65A65782-03EE-4A12-BD0E-A32B595FF0B7A funny thing happened on the way to the bedroom on the night I lost my virginity. What happened that was so funny? Well, the truth is that it didn’t actually take place in a bedroom, although that probably would have been a better venue for what did happen that night.

No, the first time I had sex was actually in the back of my father’s Chevy station wagon, which, for that night, anyway, served as a makeshift bedroom. After I picked the girl up, I drove the car to the the fringe of the woods not that far from my house. I’ll never forget that night. It was pouring rain and I, since I had never had sex before, I was very nervous.

Fortunately, the girl I was with was very experienced and, more important, very patient, which was good because I really had no idea what I was doing. When I started fumbling with a condom, she put it on me and then helped me go where I’d never gone before. We got into a rhythm, like that of the falling rain, and just as I was experiencing my very first orgasm, the sound of a huge clap of thunder exploded in the atmosphere. The timing couldn’t have been any more perfect.

What wasn’t so perfect was the next morning when my father gave me a ride to school on his way to work and asked me why his station wagon smelled like fish. I have to admit that I felt like a bit of a felon when I lied to him and said I had no idea why his car would smell that way.

Written for the Sunday Writing Prompt from Mindlovesmisery Menagerie, where we can choose from “kitchen,” bedroom,” or “laundry” following “A funny thing happened on the way to the….” I chose bedroom. Also written for these daily prompts: Jibber Jabber (truth), Word of the Day Challenge (first), Ragtag Daily Prompt (fringe), Fandango’s One-Word Challenge (rain), The Daily Spur (fish), and Your Daily Word Prompt (felon).

As a bonus for reading this far, here’s a song from 1963 that, if memory serves, was playing on the car radio at the time.

16 thoughts on “Sunday Writing Prompt — The Context of Sex

1. newepicauthor August 3, 2020 / 1:48 pm

You should have told your dad that you stopped at Long John Silver’s for a fish sandwich. I remember you saying that this is one of your favorite songs.

2. Michael August 3, 2020 / 5:33 pm

We all started somewhere didn’t we. I enjoyed your response and I’m sure you moved on to bigger and better achievements 😀

3. lifelessons August 3, 2020 / 11:30 pm

I always liked this song as well but not for the same reasons! I have an interesting story about the only time I ever made love in a car but I guess this is not the place to tell it. Suffice it to say that I bet no one has ever made love in this particular place before. Now I have you wondering, don’t I?

• Fandango August 3, 2020 / 11:58 pm

Yes you do. I think it sounds post-worthy, don’t you?

• lifelessons August 4, 2020 / 3:18 am

I will tell you privately but not in the blog..I’ll look for your contact info tomorrow. It’s past 5 a.m. and I’ve been up all night looking through files for some info a friend requested.. to no avail..

4. leigha66 August 5, 2020 / 10:22 am

That had to have been an awkward ride to school. Love the bonus video!

5. avantikapinku September 12, 2020 / 1:12 pm