Share Your World — Internet Red Flags and Silly Arguments

Share Your World Melanie’s Share Your World this week presents us with an eclectic mix of questions. Here goes.

What will finally break the Internet? Do you believe it can be broken at all?

I have a feeling that some evil-doers from (Russia, China, North Korea, Iran — pick one or choose another) will hack into our infrastructure, which will not only break the internet, but will bring down our power grids and will essentially disable America. Or maybe I read that in some book about humanity’s dystopian future.

What are some ‘red flags’ to watch out for in daily life? (Take it as you want.)

I’m going to take it literally and say that the only red flags I watch out for are those on the back of trucks used to warn drivers that there is cargo extending beyond the back of the truck.BDC25289-2D59-42C0-9A19-BAE485708249

What’s the silliest thing someone has argued with you about?

What life will be like after the November presidential election. Why is that silly, you ask? Probably because we either won’t have an election in November, or if we do and Trump loses, he’s not likely to accept the outcome and voluntarily leave office. So we know that America, much to Putin’s delight, will be in chaos. Hence it’s a silly argument to have, don’t you think?

What’s the strangest thing you’ve found lying on the ground/side of the road?

I’m not sure that it’s strange these days, but it was certainly disturbing when I found a handful of used syringes on the ground at Golden Gate Park.FE6855F5-C4CD-4847-A2F8-C6CEBD0FEC7E

11 thoughts on “Share Your World — Internet Red Flags and Silly Arguments

• Melanie B Cee August 4, 2020 / 12:33 pm

Actually, Jim, they look exactly like the type of insulin needles I use. But what they’d be doing in Golden Gate Park in a bunch like that? No they were there because they were used for something a lot more sketchy than a diabetic ‘shooting up’. Ick.

1. Marilyn Armstrong August 3, 2020 / 4:22 pm

I don’t think you can “break” the internet. it’s not a thing so you can just cut the cord. You could make it impossible to access. You could block pieces of it. Or you could stop making machinery that accesses it, but it’s just information and you can’t break it. You can mess it up, though. If you’d like to give it a try, Charter Communication is a great place to start.

2. Sadje August 3, 2020 / 4:41 pm

These syringes are not only disturbing but dangerous too.

3. Marleen August 3, 2020 / 8:23 pm

What’s the silliest thing someone has argued with you about?

🥴

4. Marleen August 3, 2020 / 8:51 pm

We see it as a red flag that someone stole a light bar (if that’s what it’s exactly called) off the top of one of my sons’ truck. The thief had to cut a wire to get it loose. So that reduces the value. My son is convinced the neediness is already getting really bad (in anticipation of a depression) and that someone got like twenty dollars for food. My first mention had been that it sounded like a drug thing. It really could be either motivation at this point in time.

5. Melanie B Cee August 4, 2020 / 12:36 pm

Thanks Fandango for Sharing Your World. You present a fairly scary view of the world this time…that dystopian scenario? Is here. It’s only going to get bigger and worse in my opinion. The red flag is certainly a valid answer…nobody wants a pole or piece of wood smashing through their windshield, do they? Good points all!! Maybe that’s a provocative question you can air some time (before November)…IF there will be an election at all in America. Is that in doubt? Heck. See? Dystopian. Full stop. *sigh*

6. leigha66 August 5, 2020 / 11:12 am

Your silly argument answer is scary… I mean no offense but I REALLY HOPE you are wrong!