SandmanJazz was awarded the coveted The Original Outstanding Blogger Award and was kind enough to nominate me, along with five other bloggers for this award. This is actually my second TOOBA nomination, so thank you SandmanJazz.
The rules for this award are:
- Provide the link to the creator’s original award post. Here is the link.
- Answer the questions provided.
Create 7 unique questions. Nominate 10 bloggers. Ensure that they are aware of their nomination. Neither the award’s creator, nor the blogger that nominated you, can be nominated.
- At the end of 2020, every blog that ping-backs the creator’s original post will be entered to win the 2020 Outstanding Blogger Award!
I’m not going to create seven unique questions. Nor am I going to nominate ten other bloggers. But I will answer the questions SandmanJazz posed. Here goes.
1. What is your position on school uniforms?
I believe that school uniforms should be positioned on the outside of the body just over underwear.
2. Do you prefer paper books or a Kindle, and why?
I prefer the Kindle app on my iPhone because I can essentially carry a full library of books with me on my iPhone at all times. I’ve found that way more convenient than lugging my bookshelves with me wherever I go.
3. If you were if charge of your country, what would be your first act in office? (Resignation is not an option)
Arrest Donald Trump and Bill Barr, reinstate all of Obama’s environmental laws that Trump rescinded, tear down Trump’s wall, return all detained migrant children to their parents, remove all federal court justices nominated by Donald Trump and approved by the Senate under Mitch McConnell since Donald Trump took office, and rescind all pardons and clemency orders issued by Donald Trump.
4. Who would you get to play you in a film of your life and why?
This is a tough one. I would need at least three actors, one to play the young Fandango, one to play the prime of my life Fandango, and one to play the old, senior citizen Fandango. I think the young Fandango might be Haley Joel Osment from the movie “The Sixth Sense.” Not because I see dead people, though. I just liked that movie and his role in it. The prime of my life Fandango might be played by Paul Newman because he was handsome (like me?), had amazing blue eyes (like me!), and was a great actor (unlike me, although at one time I thought I wanted to be a great actor). As far as the old Fandango, I’d probably go with Wilford Brimley. Not because I look or am anything like him, but because, you know, like Oatmeal, it’s the right thing to do.
5. Do think it is a good or bad idea for a writer to use a pen name for different genres/styles of book?
I use a pen name for my blog, so I think it’s a fine idea.
6. Do you enjoy spicy food?
Mildly spicy. If food is very spicy, it makes the top of my head sweat.
7. What would you want your Epitaph to say?
If any of you want to take a shot at these same questions, go for it.