Not Share Your World

D061020A-03AB-4EF6-A9F3-D04B4F362A6DNo, this is not an off-cycle Share Your World prompt, although it is Share Your World-like in that Melanie is posing a series of questions for her followers to answer. But she did get nominated — twice, in fact — for the ubiquitous The Real Neat Blog Award. And she did say that her questions are “for anyone at all who cares to do some questions.” Well, I care, so here goes.

Your favorite pancake or waffle topping

Real maple syrup from Vermont.

In brief, what are your thoughts on BLM (and not the Bureau of Land Management, which is what I always think of first when I see that abbreviation)?

My thoughts are that black lives do, indeed, matter.

What’s one adage or saying that you say a lot?

“Whatever floats your boat.” That and “Bite me.”

Do people tend to humanize their pets too much?

No, but they do tend to humanize other humans too much.

What’s the last formal wear item you wore?

A pair of dress jeans and a button down shirt, which I consider to be formal wear.

Are you a jewelry type of person (a watch is jewelry for the guys who are rolling their eyes possibly)?

I wear my wedding ring and an Apple Watch. That’s it.

What’s your favorite fresh fruit?

I like a lot of different fruits, but the one I probably have most often is bananas, as I slice one up every morning to have in my breakfast cereal.

12 thoughts on “Not Share Your World

1. Sadje July 14, 2020 / 8:04 pm

I never considered an Apple Watch, jewelry. I’m glad now I know. 😂

• Fandango July 14, 2020 / 11:31 pm

Well, I wouldn’t consider it jewelry either, but Melanie did specifically say a watch is jewelry.

2. Marilyn Armstrong July 14, 2020 / 8:54 pm

Bananas are the neatest fruit and the only one Garry will eat without wearing an apron. I like them over ice cream.

• Fandango July 14, 2020 / 11:32 pm

“I like them over ice cream.” You must be a banana split fan.

3. Marleen July 15, 2020 / 12:34 am

>My favorite waffle or pancake topping is also real maple syrup from Vermont… but butter, too.
    >I, too, agree that BLACK LIVES MATTER
    (without equivocation or defensiveness).
    >A saying that I say a lot is that there is no spoon (from The Matrix). I also like “Wake up” (from The Matrix or a song at the end or God/a prophet/the Bible).

Fun answer here: Do people tend to humanize their pets too much?

You said, No, but they do tend to humanize other humans too much.

I am reminded of my (now passed away) cousin-in-law. The last time I spoke with her (other than by text), she was speaking for her (their) dogs and cat when they came to sit on my lap or next to me on the couch or to stand and check on what I was doing and likely get some petting. I don’t remember how the topic arose, but my not liking rats was queried as to why. Well, they’re just gross, but, I think I answered something about movies — in which they are often scary. My cousin-in-law said, have you seen people in movies?

[We also talked about quite a few things when she and I went to pick up Chinese takeout at the best Chinese place in St. Louis (that we know of and probably for real), and while eating, and the rest of that evening, and over breakfast and coffee throughout the next morning before I left. Boy do I miss her.]

>The last formal clothing item I have worn is an ankle-length shimmery, pleated, sheer gold skirt. That’s slightly informal in that it’s a skirt, but it’s gold and sheer and so forth.
    >I always wear earrings when I go out. Depending on a number of considerations, I sometimes wear a bracelet (seldom) or necklace(s) or rings or one ring, maybe a pin (such as on a dressy jacket). I have an Apple Watch, but I’ve only worn it a few times (even though I’ve had it for years). I do like it. It’s best use, so far, was my being able to answer the phone while driving without picking up the phone. (There’s a way to answer the phone via the car panel, but I’m not comfortable with that.)

4. Melanie B Cee July 15, 2020 / 7:48 am

Wow! Thanks so much, Fandango, for Not Sharing Your World! 😆 Interesting answers. I think I must be the only person in America anyway, that doesn’t like maple syrup. I do like maple and brown sugar oatmeal, so maybe it’s something about the texture or the smell or something…. thanks again for finding my questions interesting! Now I’m off to find out what your provocative is this week! 😀

5. leigha66 July 16, 2020 / 7:45 pm

I have still, in all my years, never had REAL maple syrup. Is it really all that much better than the impostors that are a lot lower priced?

6. trishsplace August 3, 2020 / 7:17 pm

No, but they do tend to humanize other humans too much, rings true enough!