Jennifer, over at Paperkutz, has kindly nominated me for The Sunshine Blogger Award. As you probably know by now, I don’t follow most of the rules for blog awards. I don’t pose my own new questions. I don’t nominate other bloggers. But I do really appreciate being nominated and I do thank the blogger who nominated me, so thank you Jennifer. And I do answer the questions. So here goes.
1. Do you have a nice blog or do you have different types of posts?
I think my blog is a very nice blog, but I think the question being asked is whether I have a niche blog. And the answer is no, I have no specific niche, although some readers might think my blog’s niche is to complain about Donald Trump. That’s not the case. I blog about this, that, and the other, or whatever strikes my fancy.
2. If you have a niche blog what is your niche?
3. How long have you been blogging?
I started my very first blog in October 2005. I started this blog in May 2017.
4. Is your blogging still a passion or has it become a chore?
I really enjoy blogging, so it’s closer to being a a passion than a chore. But I’ll admit that there are rare times when It feels a bit like a chore.
5. When choosing to let another blogger know you are interested in their blog do you just hit like or do you leave a comment?
6. How often do you post and respond to other blogs?
I post multiple times a day and I try to read other bloggers’ posts every day as well.
7. What is your usual blogging routine?
I don’t really have a set routine for writing posts. I write when I get inspired, and because I use my iPhone, I don’t need to be near a computer to write and post to my blog. As to reading and responding to other bloggers’ posts, I usually do that either first thing in the morning or at night when I’m in bed before I go to sleep.
8. If you live outside the United States, are you having the same riots that are occurring in the US?
I live in the U.S. and I wouldn’t characterize what’s going on here as “riots.” They are mostly peaceful protests and demonstrations.
9. Where is your favorite place to work on your blog?
Again, because I use my iPhone, my favorite place is anywhere I happen to be.
10. If you still have younger children when do you find flogging time?
Oh my! I assume Jennifer means “blogging” and not “flogging”! I’ve never flogged my kids! Since my kids are all grown up, I can blog (or flog) any time I want to.
11. Have you ever had the feeling that blogging was becoming overwhelming and considered ending your blogging?
In April of 2015 I stopped blogging for a little over two years because I had some personal matters to attend to and felt I couldn’t attend to those matters and continue to blog at the same time. It wasn’t a matter of feeling overwhelmed as much as it was setting and managing priorities.