Fandango’s Provocative Question #75

FPQWelcome once again to Fandango’s Provocative Question. Each week I will pose what I think is a provocative question for your consideration.

This week’s provocative question was inspired by Melanie’s Share Your World Prompt this week, where she posed several questions about our criminal tendencies.

According to Dictionary.com, “crime” is defined as “an action or omission that constitutes an offense that may be prosecuted by the state and is punishable by law.” It’s can also be “an action or activity that, although not illegal, is considered to be evil, shameful, or wrong.”0EB80A93-0A63-471B-BAFF-5A2B38673891With that as context, my provocative question for you this week is this:

Have you ever committed a crime? If yes, tell us about it to the extent you feel comfortable doing so. If not, is there a crime you might like to commit (i.e., fantasized about committing) if you knew in advance that you’d never be caught or prosecuted for it?

Please be aware when you consider if or how you want to answer this question that nothing you say in response to this question can be used against you in a court of law. Of course, I’m not a lawyer, so I don’t know that for sure, but I certainly won’t rat you out.

If you choose to participate, write a post with your response to the question. Once you are done, tag your post with #FPQ and create a pingback to this post if you are on WordPress. Or you can simply include a link to your post in the comments. But remember to check to confirm that your pingback or your link shows up in the comments.

29 thoughts on “Fandango’s Provocative Question #75

1. pensitivity101 June 24, 2020 / 6:39 am

Depends what you call a crime I guess. I’ve broken the speed limit a few times, and first Hubby and I pinched a warning beacon off some roadworks once. There was a time when a certain male pushed me to distraction and I would happily have smothered him. I should point out this is not Hubby, who woke up one morning with my hands round his throat shaking him like a rag doll. I’d been dreaming about my niece and she had pissed me off once too often so I was throttling her in my sleep.

• Fandango June 24, 2020 / 7:41 am

Hmm. Sounds like a case of displaced aggression.

• pensitivity101 June 24, 2020 / 7:47 am

Ha. I cannot abide spoilt brats and both niece and male were horrors. Luckily I know my temper having struck out once and frightened myself.

• pensitivity101 June 24, 2020 / 9:24 am

I was mortified as I wouldn’t hurt him for the world. We laugh about it now, same as me putting him in hospital with my cooking.
        How are you today? Any improvement?

• amoralegria June 24, 2020 / 9:25 am

Misdemeanors! Except when you strangled your husband – that could have turned out very badly! :-O

2. rugby843 June 24, 2020 / 6:49 am

No, but since 2016, I have evil thoughts😃

Sent from my iPad

• Fandango June 24, 2020 / 9:47 am

Hmm. I usually don’t answer my own provocative questions, but I might make an exception.

• Fandango June 24, 2020 / 12:44 pm

Nope. Last week’s was about resuming pre-pandemic activities. But you may have covered this topic in your respond to Melanie’s Share Your World prompt this week.

• Marleen June 24, 2020 / 3:10 pm

I answered one of Melanie’s questions that I would prefer I had walked out in plain view without paying for a meal. However, I don’t think that would have been a crime. It’s rather normal to make a statement by not paying for something truly bad (dangerous). Perhaps I should have threatened to sue.

I have, however, indeed committed a crime (a felony). I have, for instance, smoked marijuana when I was seventeen… like maybe four times. I can’t even say I only tried it (technically one time). Yet, it could be considered trying to find out why it only made me sleepy. Would another time be different?

Having admitted to engaging in a serious crime (even if I don’t find it morally reprehensible in and of itself), I am not required ( 😏 ) to explicate the crimes I may have fantasized (as if I might like to indulge) even if, in fact, I do not want to do them. One was maybe fifteen years ago. The other recent.

• Marleen June 26, 2020 / 1:19 pm

The recent one. In lieu of a piece of video (from an action movie) I’ve been hunting but can’t find, the above demonstrates larger damage than entry and exit points.

• Marleen June 27, 2020 / 8:20 am

Well, that was supposed to be a video; it was a video where I clicked on “copy” to share. It looks even more gross on a white background than it did on the busy background of the news site from where I got it. I wish everybody would only use guns in self defense (if even then) or defense of someone else, and not in pursuit with the fraudulent claims of self defense from a Zimmerman or an entitled prick in a parking lot or too many officers — who often include only an excuse of supposed resisting arrest (not even self defense and frequently not for a violent crime if any crime at all).

3. Sadje June 26, 2020 / 4:24 pm

I am not answering this question in a post of my own because my answer is a boring no and never.

4. Marleen July 1, 2020 / 1:28 am

The protesters were en route to [Mayor] Krewson’s home to demand her resignation after she released names and addresses of residents who suggested defunding the police department, the report said.

From a related story at this same news site:

The scandal also led to a [candidate] for a state Senate seat … giving [a political donation from the McCloskeys] to the gun safety campaign group Moms Demand Action [instead], the paper said.