Another WordPress “Enhancement”?

I blog using my iPhone. I use the WordPress app on my iPhone for my blog. Last night the latest update to the WordPress iOS app got installed on my iPhone. It’s version 15.0 for anyone who is counting.

I noticed, since the updated app installed, that something was missing from the Reader. There used to be an icon with the word “Visit” in the lower left corner of each post notification, as in the image below.2832ED2B-58BF-408E-9EF7-325AA9B81B67When I tapped on that icon, it would take me to the blogger’s site so that I could read the post as if I had accessed it from the internet, a format that I assume the blogger wants people to see it.

But now, with the latest version of the iOS app, that “visit” icon is MIA.2F68A703-B5A6-4484-ABD6-F8278FACBB51And if I want to read the post, I can only read it in the Reader format, which is not the format that most of us want our posts to be read.

I sent a message to the happiness engineers to see if they can tell me what happened to that visit icon and how I can get to the blogger’s site from within the reader as I used to be able to do. I haven’t heard back from the HEs yet.

Has anyone else noticed this and, if so, have you figured out how to visit the blogger’s site from the within the WordPress Reader?

17 thoughts on “Another WordPress “Enhancement”?

• KC June 18, 2020 / 4:30 am

Up in the right corner is … tap that and you find a ‘visit’ in a drop-up menu.

• Fandango June 18, 2020 / 7:49 am

I just discovered that. But I don’t know why they changed it without notification. Is it supposed to be an enhancement? Or did they change it just for the sake of changing it and to aggravate those of us who use the WordPress reader?

1. Kim June 18, 2020 / 4:35 am

I noticed the update too, I’ll reserve judgement on it for a few days lol. I normally use the globe thing up the top to go to the website.

2. dharkanein June 18, 2020 / 5:14 am

In the reader itself you can find the visit option in the three dots present in front of the name of blogger

• Fandango June 18, 2020 / 7:51 am

I found that out after much trial and error and aggravation. Why do they insist on making such changes with no explanation?

• dharkanein June 18, 2020 / 5:33 pm

I too am as much clueless as you.

3. Sadje June 18, 2020 / 5:37 am

Touch the three dots next to the bloggers name in the reader. It gives the option of view!

4. pensitivity101 June 18, 2020 / 6:28 am

My ‘visit site’ icon is in the top RH corner on some posts, or in the BL as you’re used to on others. I blog from my laptop and so far haven’t had a problem. Maybe it’s something to do with the write editor they’re using? I’m not tech savvy, so not much use to you I’m afraid.

5. rugby843 June 18, 2020 / 8:18 am

Gone on mine too from my android phone.  I’ll check iPad later.  My reader is also up to 6 days late.

Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android

6. lifelessons June 18, 2020 / 10:24 am

I didn’t ever know what that was.. Now I do, but too late! It always irked me that the Reader didn’t format my pieces correctly..Didn’t know there was an alternative way to view from Reader.

7. leigha66 June 20, 2020 / 3:16 am

Another “enhancement” to the service no doubt. Along with the dots… you can go into the post from the reader and then click on the title and it will take you to the site.