Who Won The Week? 06/14/2020

10CC3057-4EEA-4C80-B8C1-700C0FC6C906It’s time for another Who Won the Week prompt. The idea behind Who Won the Week is for you to select who (or what) you think “won” this past week. Your selection can be anyone or anything — politicians, celebrities, athletes, authors, bloggers, your friends or family members, books, movies, TV shows, businesses, organizations, whatever.

I will be posting this prompt on Sunday mornings (my time). If you want to participate, write your own post designating who you think won the week and why you think they deserve your nod. Then link back to this post and tag you post with FWWTW.

I was thinking about who or what to bestow my coveted Who Won the Week designation upon this morning when I came across this in today’s comics section of our local paper.2C83157C-A068-4073-A8EB-80F93EC83412And so it is my duty to grant this week’s Who Won the Week honor to Garry Trudeau, the creator of Doonesbury, for his spot-on depiction of the tone and tenor — and attitude — of Donald J. Trump, sadly, the current President of the United States.

Now it’s your turn, folks. Who (or what) do you think won the week?

28 thoughts on “Who Won The Week? 06/14/2020

1. rugby843 June 14, 2020 / 9:00 am

A good choice for sure. I would say my local hospital workers. What a pain having to stand in a hallway checking out every impatient person that comes in. They really do put their lives on the line for others.

Sent from my iPad

• Fandango June 14, 2020 / 11:37 am

I’d say that health care workers have won every week since mid-March.

2. newepicauthor June 14, 2020 / 9:11 am

Trump said he has done more for the black community than any other president besides Abraham Lincoln.

• Fandango June 14, 2020 / 1:12 pm

The Lincoln Project is coming out with some awesome stuff. I love it that it gets under his skin.

3. Melanie B Cee June 14, 2020 / 1:18 pm

Garry T gets my vote. Too bad he isn’t running for office. I’d vote for him then too.

4. Marleen June 14, 2020 / 6:22 pm

My cousin-in-law, in St. Louis, won the week.

• Marleen June 15, 2020 / 9:09 am

It might seem odd to say she won, but she died Thursday afternoon in all the grace possible — a lot — with her beloved and their pets by her side at home. She was and is dearly treasured by all and is GREATLY missed. (She had asked that I be there and assist my cousin in the responsibilities [which included hospice and the household] before, through, and after the moment of passing. My cousin’s sister had helped the week before and returned the evening of. [My cousin has no brother.] The three of us composed the obituary delivered to the funeral home who will handle the ashes; we made the time limit for the main Sunday paper and chose a lovely picture. I went back and forth with the coordinator to fix his typos and so forth. I added a bit more to the text on the funeral home’s website, today.) I could say my cousin won because she did everything her wife asked and more, providing moral support through the thick of it all. But you will know my cousin is in pain.

{My cousin-in-law fought pancreatic cancer for a year… compounded, then, by liver cancer.}

• Marleen June 15, 2020 / 9:47 am

I recommend writing your obituary ahead of time. If you’re rushing to cooperate with professionals (who may not be up to the par you’d expect), the job won’t turn out as well as you want.

• Fandango June 15, 2020 / 9:57 pm

I’ve already written mine: “He was born, he paid his taxes, and he died.”

• Marleen June 15, 2020 / 10:59 pm

😏

~~~

I should’ve said, if your writing one for someone else…

But I suppose one can put it in “the will” to spare loved ones writing.

• Marleen June 15, 2020 / 11:02 pm

… you’re…

• Marleen June 18, 2020 / 8:47 pm

This was one of her favorite songs.