Chasing Rainbows

3529F23C-CD2E-496F-9B2C-957D9C42E168There’s no doubt that the world is a pretty fucked up place right now. A disabling and, in some cases, fatal virus is enveloping the globe with little sign of abating. Democracies around the world, especially in countries like the United States, Brazil, Turkey, and Hungary, seem to be falling to far-right, authoritarian rule. Political and social unrest is tearing at the very fabric of our societies. And we are systematically polluting the water and the air on the planet we call home.

At the same time, maybe because things are so fucked up, people seem to be running around chasing rainbows, looking for that proverbial pot of gold at rainbow’s end. They’re looking for that miracle cure, that quick elixir that will fix them right up and make them feel better fast, or at least help them cope with all the shit that is swirling around them 24 by 7.

But, folks, there is no pot of gold at the end of the rainbow. There is no magic elixir or miracle cure. There is only reality and you need to deal with that, as frustrating or as painful as that might be.

Or you can do what I do. Pay a visit to your local pot dispensary and bring home an ample supply of marijuana-infused marshmallows or gummies. Then pick out something to watch on TV, eat an edible, and sit back and let your troubles just float away.

Hmm. Come to think of it, maybe I, too, am chasing rainbows.

Written for the Mindlovemisery’s Menagerie Photo Challenge. Photo credit: Raine Nectar on Pexels.com.

21 thoughts on “Chasing Rainbows

1. Sadje June 9, 2020 / 8:26 pm

This is Cc one way to deal with this stressful situation

2. robertawrites235681907 June 9, 2020 / 8:36 pm

My comment vanished so if you get it twice apologies. This virus has certainly changed my world as all I do is work. So many companies are in a bad way financially and need to go to the market to try and recapitalise. It is depressing work.

• Fandango June 9, 2020 / 11:30 pm

This was not a duplicate comment. And I agree, the virus has most definitely changed the world for many, if not most, of us.

3. Taswegian1957 June 9, 2020 / 9:04 pm

“Going to the local pot shop” is not yet an option in Australia but I’m sure it will happen one day.

• Fandango June 9, 2020 / 11:33 pm

I suppose it will happen there one day also.

4. imagineambition June 9, 2020 / 9:19 pm

Where I live, selling soda in the same store as alcohol just became legal for the first time about 13 months ago… So I think I’ll have to wait quite a while before I can attempt to follow your advice 😉

• Fandango June 9, 2020 / 11:35 pm

Well, maybe some rum and Coke or scotch and soda will suffice in the interim.

5. jenanita01 June 10, 2020 / 1:47 am

So many different kinds of rainbows… loving the sound of yours, Fandango…

6. CARAMEL June 10, 2020 / 2:31 am

I think I may be someone who is convinced there are better times ahead.
    I am not surprised that the corrupt system is coming in for a bashing. I think what will divide people even more is agreeing on a solution that will effect to a clean sweep of the things that are obviously wrong and a starting to build a united human race who looks after planet, animalkind and each other properly.

• Fandango June 10, 2020 / 9:10 am

I don’t think humankind will ever be united on how to save the planet or how to save humankind, itself. I guess I’m a pessimist in that regard, but I’ve seen no evidence to the contrary.