Fandango’s Provocative Question #72

FPQWelcome once again to Fandango’s Provocative Question. Each week I will pose what I think is a provocative question for your consideration.

Things are pretty screwed up right now. The world is still dealing with the coronavirus pandemic. The United States now has had almost 1.9 million cases of COVID-19 and more than 108,000 have died due to the virus, far and away more cases and deaths than any other country.

There is significant civil unrest and there are massive protests in the streets all across our country over our inability to come to grips with America’s original sin of slavery and the social and political inequalities that continue to persist 150 years after slavery in America ended.

And the U.S. has a madman for its president who is threatening to deploy the American military against American citizens on American soil.

So for this week’s provocative question I’m going to try to shift your focus from the depressing to the exciting by asking you this simple question:

What is the one thing in life that you are most excited about right now? Why?

If you choose to participate, write a post with your response to the question. Once you are done, tag your post with #FPQ and create a pingback to this post if you are on WordPress. Or you can simply include a link to your post in the comments. But remember to check to confirm that your pingback or your link shows up in the comments.

33 thoughts on “Fandango’s Provocative Question #72

1. pensitivity101 June 3, 2020 / 4:56 am

Have to be honest Fandango I’m not excited about very much at the moment due to concerns for Maggie. If I had to say something though, it would probably be that once the slabs are down (they’re being delivered tomorrow) Hubby will be able to get his shed.

2. Mister Bump UK June 3, 2020 / 5:58 am

Gosh, that’s certainly made me scratch my head! If I can come up with anything I will post. I might have better luck today with your owc.

• Marleen June 3, 2020 / 9:41 am

I enjoyed your post about biking… seeing Armstrong beat.

• Mister Bump UK June 3, 2020 / 10:35 am

I thought it was a bit of a cop-out, but Lance Armstrong was the first thing that popped into my head when I saw FOWC. I never used to mind Lance – he was a cheat in an era of cheats. He cheated better than everyone else. If it wasn’t for the fact that so much money is involved, I’d be quite happy if they shot up on the start line. If they want to take the risk, let them go for it.

• Marleen June 3, 2020 / 10:47 am

There’s a saying: If you aren’t cheating, you aren’t trying.

I don’t like it, though.

On a tangent, it was almost gospel, at one point, because Lance was supposedly so hearty, that if you… eh-hem, we do talk about anything these days… if you have a lump in a certain place, you take a whack. My youngest son had a lump, but I convinced the doctor to simply remove the lump and test it on the operating table. No cancer.

• Mister Bump UK June 3, 2020 / 11:16 am

Yeah before he was uncovered, that Livestrong brand was pretty powerful. He was already a successful cyclist before the cancer so I presume he would’ve got the best of the best healthcare. That’s one of the reasons I quite like him because he set up a foundation which has been broadly positive. The personal stuff matters less to me.

3. rugby843 June 3, 2020 / 9:08 am

I am excited my oldest grandson is getting married in Saturday.  However I won’t be attending which is a bummer.

Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android

4. aguycalledbloke June 4, 2020 / 6:00 am

An interesting question indeed Fandango – l can’t say l am really truly excited about anything – l have a lot of change going on in my life right now and whilst it’s not deadly – it’s still pretty serious for me personally. We live in troubled times – economically, financially, climatically, politically, emotionally and l am kind of struggling to find the excitment in any of that. I mean l always try to be positive and l am motivated and l will always say ‘Infinity and beyond’ – however the reality me .. is watching, always watching.

• Fandango June 4, 2020 / 7:36 am

Just read it. Thank you, kind sir, for the dedication. A great way to come out of my shell, this morning.

5. Marilyn Armstrong June 4, 2020 / 12:34 pm

it will magically appear tomorrow morning. I think I’ve had more than enough excitement. I’m looking more for some kind of peace and a lot less drama.