Weather or Not

CD817633-1264-4850-9EEC-CD1130B2C90FOne of the things I loved about living in the city of San Francisco was its temperate climate. It never gets that cold in the winter nor that hot in the summer. It’s an extremely rare day where it gets to 90°F in the summer or down into the 30s in the winter. Most of the time the temperatures year round range between lows in the upper 40s and low 50s and highs in the 60s or low 70s.

Take today, for example, where the temperature in the section of the city we used to live in was a delightful 71.BF8BBA4A-6905-43F3-914D-8736A3D23E20But a few months back we moved to an East Bay suburb just 35 miles east of our old stomping grounds near Golden Gate Park. And weather-wise, it’s a whole new ballgame. I just got back from walking my dog and it’s HOT outside. How hot is it?BE5F238C-891C-4379-AAAC-E5C290C1FE3EIt’s 101, but the “real feel” is 108! If you can find some shade to stand in, it’s only 99!

I miss San Francisco. Well, the weather, anyway.

22 thoughts on “Weather or Not

1. Marleen May 26, 2020 / 5:42 pm

I hope you have air conditioning in your current house.

2. slmret May 26, 2020 / 6:09 pm

We’re in our third ‘heat wave’ of the summer already in South Orange County (CA). The temp in the high desert was predicted at about 100, and warmer tomorrow. Still not as bad as Sacramento, where the temp one summer in the 80’s was counted as the number of days over 100, the number of days over 110, and there were even a couple of days over 120!

3. rugby843 May 26, 2020 / 6:16 pm

Thanks for the laugh if thd old Johnny Carson joke.🥰 It was beautiful here today. Still 73 and the clouds were so beautiful against the bright blue sky. Dang, should have taken a pic.

• msjadeli May 27, 2020 / 11:22 am

😦 I think that movie, “The Last Black Man in San Francisco” is about people living on the East Side of the Bay. Not the same at all…

4. lindakempwriter May 26, 2020 / 8:31 pm

I hate hot weather. Saps me of energy and i become very bad tempered 🤬 Right now in Melbourne, we’re in autumn and we have a glorious sunny day with clear blue skies, slight breeze and the temp is 15°C. Aaah, tis bliss 😀

5. Melanie B Cee May 27, 2020 / 9:07 am

You were (gently) taunting those of us who live in “Weirdo Weather Place”, weren’t you? Shame. 😆 You also provided another clue for me as to why I always felt like San Francisco should be my home base. I couldn’t begin to afford it of course, but the one time I visited, it felt so much like coming home it was eerie. Enjoy the heat 😉 and the attending rise in your electric bill…

• Fandango May 27, 2020 / 12:15 pm

I know about the rise in the electric bill. Didn’t have and rarely needed AC in SF, so my electric bills were hardly anything at all. But here, where AC is a must for survival, fuhgeddaboudit.

6. leigha66 May 28, 2020 / 11:02 pm

Whoa, that is quite a change for you. I hope you manage to stay at least close to cool.