Share Your World — Back In My Day

Share Your WorldTime for another one of Melanie’s Share Your World prompts. She has, once again, asked some fun and provocative questions, so it’s time to start sharing.

What’s something you really resent paying for?

I resent paying for Trump’s border wall, for Trump’s so-called Space Force, and for all of Trump’s other ego-follies. It’s not so much that I resent paying taxes as it is paying for some of the asinine things my tax dollars are paying for with Trump as the president. Especially for those things that are making him, his family, and his cronies even richer.

What was the most unsettling film you’ve seen?

My son once forced me to watch the movie “The Human Centipede” with him. Use your imagination.6FACD435-F486-45C5-9F59-6D2A8CD0FC14

Do you judge people?

Of course I do. Anyone who claims that they don’t is full of shit. For example, if I see someone wearing a red MAGA cap, I judge them to be a fucking asshole. That said, like MLK, Jr., I don’t judge people by the color of their skin, but by the content of their character.

Finish this sentence:  “Back in my day, we…”?

…we only had 3 channels on the TV, in black & white, and had to get our butts off the couch to turn it on, off, and to change channels. Can you imagine?

16 thoughts on “Share Your World — Back In My Day

1. newepicauthor May 18, 2020 / 1:14 pm

Now we are all paying for someone to perform to perform personal tasks for Pompeo and his wife.

2. rugby843 May 18, 2020 / 1:29 pm

We are like minded, but I never saw it plan to the movie you mentioned 🤯

Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android

3. NeverSilenceTheMadness May 18, 2020 / 2:47 pm

that movie, is probably one of the most disturbing movies .. ever lol … and it’s hilarious when I think of all the things we had to do just to live our daily lives before we had the access of the internet in our pocket. And the constant ability to get ahold of someone at any moment.

4. Marilyn Armstrong May 18, 2020 / 10:23 pm

I resisted remote controls until there was no choice. i figured it was the only exercise I could count on. Hey, remember rabbit-ears?

• Fandango May 18, 2020 / 11:15 pm

Ah, rabbit ears. Yes, and I remember having to get up and adjust the rabbit ears to improve the picture on the black & white TVs.

5. Melanie B Cee May 19, 2020 / 9:53 am

Thanks Fandango for Sharing Your World! Perceptive and thoughtful responses as always!! “The Human Centipede??” Seriously? Ugh. Reminded me of my step son and how he ‘encouraged strongly’ that my hubby and I watch the first “Saw” with him. I hate horror films, it shall be noted. At the conclusion I was also quite angry, because that ending wasn’t FAIR dammit. I’ve never seen any of the sequels to “Saw”…just a waste of time in my opinion. Also hubby and son (his son, well doh) thought it hilarious that I got so freaked out and then was so pissed off. They shared an enjoyment for what I think are soul destroying types of films – no good messages or themes to them (IMHO), no humor (unless it’s the blackest sort) and no POINT. Just a lot of gore and degradation. Whoops. I kinda got off on a soapbox didn’t I? Mea culpa!

6. amoralegria May 23, 2020 / 2:45 pm

I agree with you – I resent paying taxes for the Orange Idiot’s projects also! Many of his and his staff’s personal trips are also charged to the U.S. taxpayers! Is there any way we can revolt against this taxation without representation?

7. Marleen May 28, 2020 / 2:07 pm

”Back in my day, we…“ didn’t have a term for “free-range“ parenting.