No, this post is not about the coronavirus, although the title could apply. It’s about something entirely different, yet it describes what this post is all about.
It started when Cyranny tagged me with the Real Neat Blogger Award. I thanked Cyranny for the award nomination and then answered the questions she posed. Then I “tagged” anyone who might be interested in answering those same questions and/or posing their own.
One blogger who took me up on that “tag” was Marilyn Armstrong over at Serendipity. Marilyn posted the questions and my answers and then posed her own ten questions. So I’ve decided to write a post answering her questions. Here goes.
1. What are you doing that makes it possible for you to get through the day? Do you read? Take pictures? Paint? Garden? Play with your dogs, cats, horses, goats, ponies, your kids, your husband? All of the above and a few more I haven’t thought of?
As a retiree, I’m not doing much differently than I used to do before the self-quarantine orders. I do watch a lot on Netflix, Hulu, and Amazon Prime these days, mostly binge-watching shows I never watched before, which I didn’t often do in the Before Days. I read, walk the dog, play cards, Yahtzee, and backgammon with my wife, and spend time on WordPress. But that’s pretty much it.
2. Are you trying something new which you never had time to do because you were too busy?
Not really. See above answer.
3. Are you using social media more or less than you did before the “plague” hit?
I don’t know if WordPress is considered to be social media, but other than my blog, I don’t really use social media. My wife, on the other hand, spends a lot of time on Twitter, and all it does is aggravate her.
4. Have you watched any superhero movies? Don’t you wish we had some real ones?
Every time I see Donald Trump on TV, I feel as if I’m watching someone who considers himself to be a superhero. I don’t think we need any real-life superheroes. Just more common sense and basic intelligence.
5. Do you think we are really going to have an election? You ARE planning to vote, aren’t you?
Yes, of course, I’m planning to vote. But as I have said on my blog numerous times, I have serious doubts about there being a free and fair election in November. And if the election is held and Trump loses, I don’t believe for a minute that he’s going to go off quietly into the night. Prepare for the second American Revolution (or Civil War) my friends.
6. How do lady cops manage to run in four-inch heels?
TV lady cops have stunt doubles, that’s how. I’d love to have my own personal stunt double, wouldn’t you?
7. When things turn ridiculous on a TV show or movie, do you ask yourself or someone else in your cocoon “why is …. doing that?” when you know it’s just part of the script.
I usually say to my wife, “That’s so unrealistic,” or “That would never happen in real life.” And she says to me, “Chill. It’s just a TV show (or movie). You need to learn to suspend disbelief.”
8. Do you yell at your television during the news? Or ever?
No. I yell at myself for wasting so much time watching TV news shows.
9. Have you remembered to drive your car recently? If not, go outside right now and drive around the block twice. Gotta keep the battery alive!
I just drove it yesterday for the first time in a month so I could drop off two packages — one at FedEx and one at UPS — that I was returning to Amazon. The car started right up.
10. Did you take your camera with you on your drive? Take any pictures?
My only camera anymore is the one on my iPhone, which I always have with me. But I didn’t take any pictures on the drive to FedEx and UPS. I did, however, take this sunset picture of the backyard view from my house with my iPhone the other day. Does this count?