Time Flies

3A8A571B-BE87-4824-B6AC-3B794A1CD62DYesterday I received the above notification from WordPress. Wow, three years since I registered “Fivedotoh” with WordPress. Time sure does fly when you’re having fun, right?

I published my first post on this blog on May 14, 2017. It received five views, two likes, and no comments that year. Woo hoo!

Since that first post, I’ve published around 4,500 others, including this one. My blog posts have had more than 365,000 views from almost 100,000 visitors. My posts have received close to 114,000 likes and just shy of 68,000 comments, and my blog now has almost 3,200 followers.

All I can think of is that tagline for Virginia Slims cigarettes from back in the day: “You’ve come a long way, baby.”

Thank you all for visiting my blog, reading my posts, liking my posts, and commenting on them. It means the world to me.

And to all of you mothers out there, have a wonderful Mother’s Day.

42 thoughts on “Time Flies

1. angloswiss May 10, 2020 / 6:43 am

Congratulations, glad you are here. I have been more than 10 years on Word Press. All beginnings are difficult, but if you persevere, as you have, it is rewarding.

• Fandango May 10, 2020 / 10:32 pm

Virginia Slims were long (120 mm), slim cigarettes marketed exclusively to woman.

2. newepicauthor May 10, 2020 / 7:27 am

WordPress must hate me, as I never get any recognition from them. All they do is take my money.

• Fandango May 10, 2020 / 10:36 pm

You didn’t get a 3-year notification? That’s weird. Didn’t you start your blog at around the same time I started mine?

• Fandango May 11, 2020 / 10:13 pm

And nothing from WordPress acknowledging three years? You should ask for your money back! 😉

• newepicauthor May 12, 2020 / 5:28 am

They actually took my money out of my bank account without my permission a month early this year after sending me about ten emails, telling me it was time to renew.

• Fandango May 12, 2020 / 7:39 am

Then you most definitely should have gotten a notification. But, for what it’s worth, congrats on 3+ years of blogging on WordPress.

3. Shweta Suresh May 10, 2020 / 8:00 am

You’ve come a long way indeed! Congratulations, Fandango and here’s to many more.

4. cagedunn May 10, 2020 / 4:10 pm

I’m not sure if time flies, but it sure does have a slippery slope.
    *clink* congrats on the journey, may every day bring an interesting observation

5. Janette Bendle May 10, 2020 / 6:48 pm

Wow. Well congratulations you certainly do make for a more interesting wordpress. Keep up the fabulous work and challenges for us all. 👍

6. Marleen May 10, 2020 / 11:21 pm

Thank you for the Mother’s Day greeting and the camaraderie over the last three years! Congratulations on such a following!

• Fandango May 10, 2020 / 11:36 pm

Thank you, Marleen, for being a regular reader and for your provocative comments.