Share Your World — Size Does Matter

Share Your WorldWelcome to another Monday and another Share Your World prompt from Melanie at Sparks From a Combustible Mind.

What can you break even if you don’t touch it?

My first answer was going to be “a heart,” but then I thought that, in order to break someone’s heart, you had to touch it, at least emotionally. So after eliminating “heart,” the only other thing I could come up with was “a promise.”

What’s the most useful thing you own?

My iPhone. Hey, don’t judge me. Were it not for my iPhone, which I use for blogging (writing, posting, and reading), I wouldn’t be responding to Melanie’s Share Your World prompt.

What’s the silliest reason you’ve ever gotten into a fight with someone over?

My wife was going to be making paella for dinner and, knowing that, and thinking I was being helpful, I took the frozen shrimp out of the freezer the night before so it would be thawed for the next day. When she saw the shrimp in the refrigerator the next morning, she went ballistic, yelling at me that she likes to thaw the frozen shrimp before she cooks it by placing them in a colander and running them under cold water. She didn’t speak to me for the rest of the afternoon, but she did cook the paella and it was delicious. I told her so and now she’s talking to me again. This shelter-in-place thing better end soon!

If you were a snake, how long would you want to be? No, size does not matter.

I’d want to be long enough that I would scare the shit out of anyone who saw me and they would just leave me alone. So, yeah, size does matter.

10 thoughts on “Share Your World — Size Does Matter

1. Melanie B Cee May 4, 2020 / 11:20 am

Thanks Sir Fandango for Sharing Your World!! This stay at home shtuff is getting on EVERYONE’s nerves, just so you know you and your dearest aren’t alone in feeling that way. I used to chew on hubby if he ‘helped’ koff koff interfered koff koff when I was cooking too. I’m glad the paella was delicious and that you two made up. Now I want paella. :roll:, but I’m going to have to settle for home made chili verde (which is also delicious as I make it – no help) 😆 Have a good week Fandango!! Isn’t the best yet to be?

• Fandango May 4, 2020 / 10:01 pm

“Isn’t the best yet to be?” Well, Melanie, there’s nowhere to go but up…I hope.

2. Sadje May 4, 2020 / 11:33 am

Great answers. You’re right the bigger the snake the scarier it is. Don’t pick up fights with your wife, staying at home is more tough on the women.

3. Marleen May 4, 2020 / 2:59 pm

When my children were young, my husband shot a snake (that we could see very well) out of a tree from, I’d say, over 20 yards away. I have no idea if it was poisonous. (He also talked, one day, like he was going to shoot a dog that wandered into our yard. I talked him out of it.)

• Marleen May 5, 2020 / 10:31 am

I was surprised. I didn’t think he was making sense.

Took like three shots; not bad.

4. Shweta Suresh May 4, 2020 / 6:53 pm

Staying at home is proving to be very challenging indeed. The bigger the snake is, the scarier it looks. You’ve got that one right. Loved your answers.

5. amoralegria May 4, 2020 / 9:15 pm

You are right about being able to touch the heart, although that was my answer. We do share a need for our cellphones!

6. leigha66 May 5, 2020 / 10:32 pm

Good answers Fandango. I would say someone’s spirit, my cell phone definitely, a “fight” me and my locker mate from high school had quite literally over nothing… she just up and moved out of the locker and weeks later when she would actually talk to me again she said it was nothing. I think a smaller quieter snake could sneak up on someone easier. 🐍