SoCS — I Hope I’m Wrong

B9294A40-2B60-416E-B91E-81121918954BEver since his arrival in the Oval Office, his prevalent behaviors have devalued the office of the president. Few people feel ambivalent when it comes to the nature of the man, and anyone who values the survival of the American republic and who takes the time to objectively evaluate the damage he has done — and is continuing to do — knows that the only way to bring about a revival of the country we once cherished is to act decisively to ensure his removal from office at the election in November.

My fear, however, is that, even though his overall approval rating is low, he and his rabid loyalists will believe his election loss to be invalid and will rise up against his rivals, and create an upheaval of our democracy so deep into the valley of medieval chaos that it will never be restored.

I hope I’m wrong.

Written for today’s Stream of Consciousness Saturday prompt from Linda G. Hill. Our assignment is to “find a word that starts with ‘val,’ or if you’re not doing the A to Z Challenge, find a word that just has ‘val’ in it, and use that word any way you’d like.” I am doing the A to Z Challenge, but I have found words that both start with “val,” but also contain “val” in them.

20 thoughts on “SoCS — I Hope I’m Wrong

1. Sadje April 25, 2020 / 5:23 am

I hope you’re too. But good post and great use of the prompt

2. rugby843 April 25, 2020 / 8:09 am

I hope you are wrong too.  Even the most uninformed person should be able to reevaluate their thinking on him.  The latest about injecting, etc?  He is definitely mad and the sales of these items surged after his speech. Can you imagine doctors’ reactions?  More deaths as people are desperate? And now another coverup press secretary mouthing lies. When is it going to stop?

Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android

3. Marilyn Armstrong April 25, 2020 / 12:54 pm

I hope you are wrong, too. I think a lot of Orangehead’s wider base has worn away and what is left are the die-hard crazies … who I do not think are sufficient to carry him into office or fight off the secret service. i could be wrong too, but that is is far as my brain will carry me.

4. annieasksyou April 25, 2020 / 3:52 pm

Very well done. This has been my fear since before the election: that if he didn’t win, he’d continue his rallies and stir people up.

But I think I’m more worried that he’ll find a way to cheat-and-win. We certainly won’t be a democracy any more if that happens.

Either way, he and his Republican opportunist backers have uncovered and empowered the raw underbelly of our society that will have to be dealt with.

But maybe good will triumph over evil—and we’ll have realized we must strengthen our safety net, redress our dreadful inequalities, and rescue our planet.
    One must hope…

• Fandango April 25, 2020 / 11:13 pm

I, too, am concerned about whether the election in November will be a fair election. I also worry that if this whole COVID-19 pandemic is still with us, Trump will use it as an excuse to postpone or even cancel the elections and none of his “Republican opportunist backers” will stand up to him.

5. Marleen April 25, 2020 / 7:42 pm

I really like the way you meet this sort of challenge.

6. Laura April 25, 2020 / 7:53 pm

Oh my, I hope you’re wrong. I fear you’re right.

7. Linda G. Hill April 26, 2020 / 11:18 am

I hope you’re wrong, too. Honestly, though, I think he’s in the midst of trying to prolong it so he won’t have to hold an election at all. But I’ve said that all along … Even before the 2016 election, I said many times that you’ll never get rid of him if he was elected. Had the virus not started, it would have been war. Would that have been worse? Maybe, if it was nuclear.

On a brighter note, who knew there were so many words with “val” in them? Nice job. 🙂

• Fandango April 26, 2020 / 3:56 pm

Unfortunately, I agree with you. We’ll never be rid of him until he dies or is executed. And then there will be his evil offspring to contend with.