One-Liner Wednesday —The Economy and the Dead

3C2DA120-C239-4217-B415-5555708D926D

“The economy will bounce back, dead people will not.”

New York City physician, Dr. Lipuma Roy

COVID-19 cases and deaths continue to rise in the United States, but Donald Trump is eager to get the U.S. economy going again so as to bolster his chances for reelection in November.  He wants to open up America for business as early as May 1st and seems to have little regard, much less empathy, for the human toll of this pandemic, which is why Dr. Roy’s words above resonate with me.

And that brings me to my second one-liner of the day, this one from former San Francisco Mayor Willie Brown.

“I’d rather be six feet apart than six feet under.”

Written for this week’s One-Liner Wednesday prompt from Linda G. Hill.

18 thoughts on “One-Liner Wednesday —The Economy and the Dead

1. Cheryl Wood April 15, 2020 / 9:55 am

The latest burr under my saddle — sorry, I am in the cowboy state–😄 is not giving funds to the WHO. If he had heeded their warnings we wouldn’t be in such a mess. But money is the ONLY thing with him, how much he has, brags about and is willing to do anything to keep it and get more.

• Fandango April 15, 2020 / 10:42 am

And he also seems to want to put the U.S. Postal Service out of business. He is a truly horrible person.

• Marleen April 15, 2020 / 11:42 am

That’s been one of my pet peeves for a while; something of an obsession with Republicans (likely not all or only), even though it’s specifically in the Constitution — and is obviously important even if it weren’t. Plus, we can benefit from more uses of it, like everyone voting this fall.

2. Outside Perception April 15, 2020 / 9:57 am

Weird times we are in … Good quotes, weird times. Seems like that seem to go hand in hand though 🙂

3. Paula Light April 15, 2020 / 10:30 am

These same loons who fight for intubated comatose terminal cancer patients and blobs of fetal cells say yup lets let a pile of grandmas die so our stonks can rise again.

4. Sadje April 15, 2020 / 10:59 am

Good quotes. Doesn’t he realizes that this can back fire on his popularity?

5. JoAnna April 16, 2020 / 6:48 pm

“He …. seems to have little regard, much less empathy, for the human toll of this pandemic….” And apparently zero understanding. The more I force myself to listen to him in spite of the toxicity, the more I realize: he just doesn’t get it – doesn’t understand the value of life or decency. He seems oblivious to what really matters.

• Fandango April 16, 2020 / 10:58 pm

He’s too much of a narcissist to care about anything other than himself.

6. leigha66 April 16, 2020 / 11:28 pm

Good quotes. I really can’t see why anyone with half a heart would want to risk so many lives to boost the almighty dollar. I guess this proves he is heartless.