Share Your World — Stress Relief, the Afterlife, Koalas, and Creepy Tech

Share Your WorldIt’s Monday and that means that Melanie, over at Sparks From a Combustible Mind, has asked us to participate in her weekly Share Your World prompt. So let’s get to it.

What do you do to get rid of stress?

According to the New York City Health Department, I should masturbate. But I’m also I’m watching less news and my wife and I are playing a lot of very competitive games of Yahtzee, Backgammon, 500 Rummy, and that old no-brainer standby card game, War!

In the past people were buried with the items they would need in the afterlife, what would you want buried with you so you could use it in the afterlife?

First, as an atheist, I don’t believe there is such a thing as an “afterlife.” When it’s over, it’s over, so I have no need for toys after I’m dead. Because I’ll be dead! Second, I intend to be cremated, so anything I would take with me would be, like my physical body, be relegated to ashes.

What’s the opposite of a koala? (This is strictly for fun. I know what I came up with as an answer, but it was nonsensical. Alaok. See? It’s okay to pass on this one too if you want)

What kind of question is that? That’s like asking what is the opposite of human. The answer: Republicans in the U.S. Congress. But back to Koalas. They look so cute and cuddly. So I’m going to go with grizzly bears, who will tear you to shreds over a package of Oreo cookies.

What’s the creepiest tech out there? (My interpretation of “tech” is app or program. If you know what “tech” is supposed to mean, hey! Great! Educate us.

The creepiest tech is the tech used by hackers to steal your identity.

GRATITUDE IS AN ATTITUDE

What method are you using to find your smile right now? Please explain in detail so others might utilize the same ideas. Some bloggers have shared a daily (weekly sometimes) method that they are using to keep their spirits up right now. I’d love to hear from anyone who does and is successful at it! Have a great week and stay safe!

Today I received delivery of 18 rolls of toilet paper and 18 boxes of facial tissues. And, oh boy, that made me smile!

Also, this item that I received in an email today made me smile:

If Trump were captain of the RMS Titanic

There isn’t any iceberg.
There was an iceberg but it’s in a totally different ocean.
The iceberg is in this ocean but it will melt very soon.
There is an iceberg but we didn’t hit the iceberg.
We hit the iceberg, but the damage will be repaired very shortly.
The iceberg is a Chinese iceberg.
We are taking on water but every passenger who wants a lifeboat can get a lifeboat, and they are beautiful lifeboats.

Look, passengers need to ask nicely for the lifeboats if they want them.
We don’t have any lifeboats, we’re not lifeboat distributors.
Passengers should have planned for icebergs and brought their own lifeboats.
I really don’t think we need that many lifeboats.
We have lifeboats and they’re supposed to be our lifeboats, not the passengers’ lifeboats.
The lifeboats were left on shore by the last captain of this ship.
Nobody could have foreseen the iceberg.

23 thoughts on “Share Your World — Stress Relief, the Afterlife, Koalas, and Creepy Tech

1. Sadje April 13, 2020 / 11:59 am

I love the last bit. It also should have said that we are going to make the lifeboats great again.

• Stroke Survivor UK April 13, 2020 / 11:22 pm

Actually you can get ’em here, but I haven’t had any for years. But I have had an urge for chocolate chip cookies since this started. We’ve been to the shops twice, I think, but there are more important things to remember to pick up.

2. Marleen April 13, 2020 / 2:01 pm

Even though nobody (in the three years since being announced as the upcoming new captain) could’ve foreseen the iceberg, everything is the previous captain’s fault.

• Marleen April 13, 2020 / 5:39 pm

Oh, I forgot. Was reminded in the new “briefing” today — also the governors’ faults.

• Fandango April 13, 2020 / 10:51 pm

Trump has gone totally off the rails.

• Marleen April 14, 2020 / 1:33 pm

I don’t know — since you have cut down — if you saw Rachel, last night, but the first segment involved a specific case of the federal government (the Trump administration) trying to steal a shipment of PPE that had been purchased for California hospitals by a California union. Discovery ensued, because of an attempted theft, that the whole thing had been a fraud. There were no materials being shipped. So, the government is looking into it. I didn’t get a clear picture on whether or not the union had already paid.

Trump … still Stealing PPE Supplies

• Fandango April 14, 2020 / 11:10 pm

Yes, I saw that. I have cut back, but I always make a point to watch Rachel.

• Marleen April 14, 2020 / 5:05 pm

Totally off the rails. Yes. Not responsible but supposedly in total control.

And worse.

• Marleen April 14, 2020 / 4:57 pm

And now it’s the World Health Organization’s fault.

• Fandango April 14, 2020 / 11:18 pm

He always takes things he’s guilty of and points his fingers at others.

3. Stine Writing April 13, 2020 / 5:51 pm

This has made me laugh so hard! I love it! I can’t even help it, but I am hysterical!

4. amoralegria April 13, 2020 / 9:11 pm

Great answers, and I love the Trump as Titanic captain! Hopefully, he went down with the ship.

5. Melanie B Cee April 14, 2020 / 11:52 am

BWAHAHAHAHHAAH!!! 😆 Oh my goodness!! That ‘poem/wordy thingie’ made me guffaw so loudly the boys both took cover under the couch and won’t come out for two hours I’m betting. No we couldn’t foresee this particular global iceberg, why would we? We ALL thought plagues were something ancient peoples dealt with and not ‘modern’ man….. I LOVED this Share Your World! Thank you so much for crafting it for maximum humor…it shows that although as a species we’re in deep doo-doo; we don’t have to die being humorless. You have a gift sir. Thank you for sharing that too!

• Fandango April 14, 2020 / 11:06 pm

I’m so glad you enjoyed my post. I wish I could take credit for that Trump as captain of the Titanic bit, but a buddy of mine emailed it to me and I just had to share it with all of you.