Search History

I was watching Thursday night’s Jimmy Kimmel Live this morning on my DVR and he had a brief segment where his staff showed what some of their recent Google searches were. I thought to myself, “Hey, wouldn’t it be kinda fun if we all got to glimpse each other’s Google search history?”

So I’m challenging everyone to take a screenshot from your computer or smartphone (in my case, my iPhone) and share with us your most recent Google searches.

I’ll go first. Here is my unedited recent search history.62D39097-61F5-44EA-ABA6-311B5F6D4FC8Now show us yours! Post your search history and link back to this post.

Hell, what else have you got to do?

34 thoughts on “Search History

1. newepicauthor April 10, 2020 / 1:29 pm

John Prine recorded with the Nitty Gritty Dirt band on their album Circlin’ Back: Celebrating 50 Years. I just learned that yesterday for my A to Z.

2. Stroke Survivor UK April 10, 2020 / 1:55 pm

I got to myactivity.google.com and did indeed see a list of my Google history. All the recent results were along the lines “how do I find my Google search history” 🤣. The list appeared far more verbose than the screenshot you posted.

3. Sadje April 10, 2020 / 1:56 pm

I see tp is here more than once. I hope you found some. We got some with online delivery

• Fandango April 10, 2020 / 11:08 pm

I’ve ordered some online but it’s still yet to be delivered. 😕

• Sadje April 11, 2020 / 6:38 am

All the best. I feel it’s not that TP is be all and end all of our quests, it’s the fact that essentials are missing that puts a strain on us.

4. rugby843 April 10, 2020 / 3:32 pm

I can’t. I have it automatically delete.

Sent from my iPad

• rugby843 April 11, 2020 / 7:41 am

Trying to save space on my phone since it’s a cheap one and runs better without overload

5. Marilyn Armstrong April 10, 2020 / 4:27 pm

My list is indecently long, though a lot of them are fixes and many more are receipts from cards I sent to say hello. I’m really bad at returning phone calls. Terrible, actually. A number of people sent me return emails suggesting we might actually talk on the phone someday. They have a point. i just don’t feel much like talking.

• Fandango April 10, 2020 / 11:12 pm

I hardly ever talk on the phone anymore. I prefer email or text messages.

• Fandango April 10, 2020 / 11:22 pm

One of the unexpected side effects of the ear surgery I had last December is that I lost my sense of taste. About two months ago I was at an Italian restaurant and ordered some meat lasagna. And I could taste it. I went to the grocery store after that and bought some frozen Stouffer’s meat lasagna to bring home and have for lunches. And it actually tasted good. But now, with this shelter-in-place order, I have been ordering food delivery from the grocery stores and I did a search to find out which stores that delivered groceries near me carried it so that I could order some more.

I still can’t figure out why lasagna is just about the only food I can taste.

• Marleen April 11, 2020 / 12:36 pm

Lasagna is good for being able to taste, anyway.

6. Marleen April 10, 2020 / 5:32 pm

how much does a tombstone cost

sarah nelson

biden bros

sara nelson and josh hawley

{The above were my searches, today.
    There are a bunch of articles in my history too, one linking to another.}

pia melaney

[i looked pia up because of another name I searched]

waiting to exhale movie

mark charles

even right wing think tanks

kenneth copeland and rodney howard brown

{The last food in my search history is corn nuts… which I haven’t bought, yet, and which was before yesterday.}

• Marleen April 10, 2020 / 7:28 pm

My mother spends a significant amount of time with an aunt (the younger of my dad’s two sisters) and an uncle of mine (the aunt’s husband). Apparently, they visited a family grave yesterday (which my aunt has been doing for many years before holiday weekends). My mom took pictures of each side of the gravestone, with flowers they placed on each side. When I said (via response text) the flowers were pretty, she went into a thing full of contradictions about not wanting to see my dad’s name on it (although he’s buried there) and her not having had the energy to get it done. I offered to do it, years ago, and her response was some adamant refusal and senseless statement about getting along with my aunt. Today, she was sounding like it would cost thousands to get the inscription. I knew that didn’t sound right, so I looked up gravestones to be able to say the price she was talking about was more like for a large or ornate stone, not a fairly simple inscription (on a stone already present with other names on it). I wasn’t asking her to do it or pay for it; I just didn’t want her to go paying somebody thousands of dollars.

• Fandango April 10, 2020 / 11:29 pm

Ah, I asked about that search before I read this comment.

• Marleen April 11, 2020 / 12:33 pm

My mother’s name, meanwhile, is Betty. I decided to assign her the moniker “the Betty” when she didn’t want to be called Grandma or anything like it after I had children — even one child. (She actually was even wary of me calling her Mom anymore with a child along.) I had heard that “the Betty” was a known (if dated) designation for a good-looking or fancy female.

By the way, I see Sara Nelson as something of a hero. My mom was a teacher, someone with a college degree before many women did that. But my mom was anti-union. Unions are largely what led to our five-day workweeks, the standard of forty hours, safety considerations, and so on. People forget (or take for granted) from whence the good in our societies came.

• Fandango April 10, 2020 / 11:26 pm

“How much does a tombstone cost” is definitely the strangest one in the bunch.

7. Taswegian1957 April 10, 2020 / 6:22 pm

I can’t show a list but I can tell you that the last things I searched for before going to bed were itchy cats and when did Barbie’s head get bigger?

8. Debbie Gravett April 11, 2020 / 1:01 am

One of yours got me and now I want to know:
    Is Nell leaving NCIS LA.
    Do I really want to know? I’ve lost interest in some of the shows where too many changes happen.

My history:
    President Cyril Ramaphosa’s address to the nation
    News – which I used to avoid like the plague and have decided to reduce again as it messes with my emotions and anxiety
    How much baking powder to add to flour to make it self raising – lots of baking/cooking during lockdown – bread, doughnuts, nana bread
    What is the biggest seed in the world – homeschooling
    When was the typewriter invented – homeschooling
    Meaning of a yellow ribbon – writing for prompts

• Fandango April 11, 2020 / 11:52 am

The last show of the current season made it seem like she was leaving, but it could just be a cliffhanger.

9. Melanie B Cee April 11, 2020 / 8:14 am

Excellent idea for spending *koff koff WASTING koff koff * some of the excess time that is weighing heavily on me. I can’t copy and paste anything in the comments, save text, so I’ll write a post and credit you. Who knows? This may become viral…. Ooops O_o That’s a really bad choice of words right now….. maybe the idea will catch fire. There.