Fandango’s Answer

9A4FDB54-7058-4372-8CEA-051DAE7F5944I typically don’t answer my own provocative question posts because I’m more interested in what all of you have to say than I think any of you are interested in what I have to say.

But I’m going to make an exception this week because Melanie, over at Sparks From a Combustible Mind, said this in a comment when she linked her response to my provocative question post:

“Now this is one question that I sincerely hope to read YOUR answer to, Mr. Fandango. Not because I think you should share any more of yourself than you do already, privacy is your choice and I respect it; but because I’m really curious if you are the same, character wise, out ‘there’ and in here?”

Just to refresh your memory, my question was, “Are you the same person on your blog as you are in real life? Do you like yourself more in the virtual world than you do in the real world?”

Okay, truth be told, I’m not at all the same person on my blog as I am in real life. In real life I’m a divorced, 34 year old woman. Do I like myself more in the real world than in the virtual world? Of course I do. Why? Because I feel pretty.

And this is why I never answer my own provocative question posts. 🤪

25 thoughts on “Fandango’s Answer

1. Jen Goldie April 9, 2020 / 9:30 am

Interesting answer Mr/Ms. I wouldn’t matter to me either way. What bothers me is I can’t here the sound of the videos you post. So if that’s my problem I have none. LOL 😉

• Fandango April 9, 2020 / 9:48 pm

Hmm. I’m not sure what device you’re using to view my post, but be sure you have the volume turned on or turned up.

• Jen Goldie April 9, 2020 / 9:52 pm

I’ll check Chrome settings. But my sound works on other sites so …..I’ll check chrome. When I opened it to you tube it was fine.

• Fandango April 9, 2020 / 11:08 pm

Hmm. That is strange. I wonder if others are having issues with the audio on the videos I post I my blog.

• Jen Goldie April 9, 2020 / 11:11 pm

I dunno. I started to check my chrome settings and it wanted to update…NOT NOW! lol Ask someone. I’d like to know.

2. lensdailydiary April 9, 2020 / 9:56 am

That is an interesting question. With me, in addition to the quality of the writing on blogs, it’s also about developing a relationship. It’s okay to be anonymous, a relationship can be developed because of the content of the blog. However, if a person attempts to create a different persona on their blog I think the inauthenticity comes through eventually.

• Fandango April 9, 2020 / 9:49 pm

I would agree with you that the inauthenticity will eventually be revealed.

3. Marleen April 9, 2020 / 12:14 pm

I love that move (when I’m not really a fan of most Sandler movies), and, of course, that scene. Hilarious! By the way, we all know you’re a forty-year-old, hot, divorced woman.

• Marleen April 9, 2020 / 4:24 pm

… movIE …

[although there is a cringeworthy — to put it mildly — segment]

• Fandango April 9, 2020 / 10:28 pm

Okay, so I lied about my age. 😏

4. cagedunn April 9, 2020 / 3:03 pm

This is an interesting discussion. You see, I’m a storyteller, a fibber by trade. However, if what I write isn’t authentic at its heart, people know. They call me on it (although sometimes they don’t want to see the whole truth, and call that a lie, too).

The best stories are the ones that people know – because they recognise the circumstances from their lives – are from deep within the ‘truth’ of a real person’s experiences.

I am as true as I can be without creating a legal minefield for myself.
    And I couldn’t find anyone else I’d rather be than me.

• Fandango April 9, 2020 / 10:41 pm

“And I couldn’t find anyone else I’d rather be than me.” That is great. It’s something each and every one of us should strive to feel.

5. Taswegian1957 April 9, 2020 / 5:32 pm

I’ve been thinking about this and I think I am probably an edited version of myself online. I don’t like to show my worst traits in my posts the same as I don’t like to show my worst photos. I do try to write what I think but there are things I hold back. I don’t post photos of myself very often either and when I do they are usually older ones that I feel are more flattering.
    In real life, if we met I’d probably be more introverted and find it harder to keep up a conversation than online where I have the luxury of being able to choose my words rather than just reacting to whatever is going on. So yes, I do like online me better.

• Fandango April 9, 2020 / 10:51 pm

You make a valid point. In the online world we can edit our words before they see the light of day, fine tune them until they effectively and articulately communicate what we want them to. But in real world conversations, sometimes the words are spoken before the brain has a chance to filter them, and there’s no way to go back after they’ve been spoken and revise them. And yes, I agree that we tend to embellish the positive and diminish the, well, not so positive aspects of ourselves in our posts.

6. Melanie B Cee April 10, 2020 / 11:33 am

Just one (further) question for you: Does your wife know about who she’s living with? 😆