Who Won The Week? 04/05/2020

10CC3057-4EEA-4C80-B8C1-700C0FC6C906It’s time for another Who Won the Week prompt. The idea behind Who Won the Week is for you to select who (or what) you think “won” this past week. Your selection can be anyone or anything — politicians, celebrities, athletes, authors, bloggers, your friends or family members, books, movies, TV shows, businesses, organizations, whatever.

I will be posting this prompt on Sunday mornings (my time). If you want to participate, write your own post designating who you think won the week and why you think they deserve your nod. Then link back to this post and tag you post with FWWTW.

“Today you’re going hear from Jared Kushner, senior adviser to the President of the United States, but someone that the White House Coronavirus Task Force directed to work with EMA on supply chain issues,” explained Vice President Mike Pence earlier this week. “And in recent weeks, he has been leading a working group, in conjunction with FEMA, that literally has identified millions of medical supplies around the nation and around the world. And we’re grateful for his efforts and his leadership.”

So who else would I pick as my Who Won the Week recipient besides Donald Trump’s son-in-law, Jared Kushner?8E3E0831-E703-49B8-86F1-D9B1E19A1B33Once again, Jared Kushner is our president’s go-to person, but that’s to be expected, given Kushner’s astounding successes in his previous assignments of bringing peace to the Middle East, ending the global opioid epidemic, and turning our bloated government bureaucracy into a lean, mean fighting machine.

Kushner is an interesting choice for this critical role of managing the medical supply chain in the fight against COVID-19. His early involvement with the virus was in advising his father-in-law that the media’s coverage exaggerated the threat, and he urged Trump to announce, falsely, that Google was about to launch a website that would link Americans with coronavirus testing kit from a health insurance company co-founded by Kushner’s brother.

But fear not, my friends. Jared is on the case and, as he said, “I’m doing my own projections, and I’ve gotten a lot smarter about this.” His conclusion, after getting himself up to speed, is that “New York doesn’t need all the ventilators.”

How lucky we are that this 39-year-old wonder boy married Donald Trump’s daughter. Otherwise, his talents might have remained undiscovered.

And now it’s your turn, folks. Who (or what) do you think won the week?

18 thoughts on “Who Won The Week? 04/05/2020

1. annieasksyou April 5, 2020 / 1:19 pm

This selection is barely bearable—regardless of your criteria.

I’ve recently joined Twitter—to read, not to tweet—and after young Jared’s appearance as the new go-to person, there was a long thread of tweets from people who knew him, worked with him, etc, about how ill-informed, unintelligent, callous, and self-entitled he’s always been. In other words, they were validating what is clear to anyone who listens to him or knows how he’s screwing up everything he’s been tasked to do—for THEM—clearly not for us, the public.

• Marleen April 5, 2020 / 5:31 pm

… senior adviser to the President of the United States…

Hilarious and terrifying at the same time. Sad.

First, I affirm this selection.

Jared Kushner Doesn’t Want to Share Medical Masks

• Marleen April 5, 2020 / 10:46 pm

I started to write this on another day and didn’t post it, so I’ve forgotten which day the “yesterday” would be. But it was in the last week:

Yesterday, the placeholder we call a president said he and his administration are “backup” — not to be looked to for coherent leadership to solve problem(s). Meanwhile, his administration bids against the governors, the same leaders he indicates are supposed to be the main stewards [not that he knows that word necessarily] of the people. And the son-in-law said supplies the country possesses are theirs. https://www.nydailynews.com/coronavirus/ny-coronavirus-jared-kushner-nepotism-trump-20200403-d4kbe7pffrgatgmiehewvpq36i-story.html

• Fandango April 5, 2020 / 11:27 pm

I have resisted joining Twitter because I’ve seen my wife, who is on Twitter, get so angry and start yelling at her phone when she reads some of the ignorant and downright crazy things people are posting there. As far as I’m concerned, Twitter ignorance is bliss! 😉

2. rugby843 April 5, 2020 / 1:43 pm

I can’t beat that, Fandango. After reading the Times and that opinion this morning, now I have another face causing a cringe. It was bad enough before but now he’s T’s equal on the disgusting range.

Sent from my iPad

3. Marleen April 6, 2020 / 5:16 am

I want to try and give honorable mentions to people who try (or have tried) to do what is helpful and supposed to be done. Here is one:

I tuned out of cable news on Friday (as well as all weekend), after finding things so disturbing. Thus, I had missed this… which, yes, is only additional disturbing news. Meanwhile, the story I was looking for is not readily findable right now. I’ll keep looking.

4. Marleen April 6, 2020 / 6:05 am

This was an excellent story. The “who”
    would be Sara Nelson (AFA President).

AFA on The Last Word:
    Stimulus Package
    Puts Workers First in Aviation

• Marleen April 6, 2020 / 6:06 am

Flight attendant’s union blasts
      congress, Mnuchin, for denying workers relief