C is for Clear Conscience

A2Z2020For this year’s A to Z Challenge I’m going to attempt to post an old saying or adage each day of the month of April (except for Sundays). I’m going through the alphabet, with the first letter of the adage beginning with the first letter of the alphabet (A) and continuing for 26 adages in alphabetical order until I get through the entire alphabet by April 30 — from A to Z.

I don’t know if it can be done, but I’m going to give it the old college try. Here’s my April 3rd adage and it starts with the letter C.

Clearer the conscience, merrier the life.

13 thoughts on “C is for Clear Conscience

1. Haunted Wordsmith April 3, 2020 / 6:36 am

This one always reminds me of Judge Judy’s favorite saying…if you tell the truth, you don’t need to think about it (or something like that).

2. kajmeister26 April 3, 2020 / 7:42 am

Said in my mousiest quiet voice… *don’t you meant clear conscience?*
    Clear conscious would mean you aren’t delusional, which I supposed would make you merry, although schizophrenics might be very merry indeed…

• Marleen April 3, 2020 / 8:44 am

*Peep-peep.*

Or to Scientology, just clear?

• Fandango April 3, 2020 / 9:21 am

Oops. You’re so right and I have cleared my conscience by fixing it. I need to make amends.

3. Sadje April 3, 2020 / 8:03 am

That’s true. But they also say, a clear conscience is a sign of bad memory.

4. newepicauthor April 3, 2020 / 8:21 am

Rudy Giuliani said he has a clear conscience in defending his client President Donald Trump.

5. Marleen April 3, 2020 / 4:51 pm

Ugh. You that Jared guy? He’s really scary.