Return of the WordPress Daily Prompt

323410D7-DDD3-4DDA-AD37-423EC51FBD4CWordPress is bringing back its Daily Prompt, at least for the month of April. According to this post, starting tomorrow, WordPress will be sharing daily writing prompts over at Discover throughout April.

Why is WordPress resurrecting it’s Daily Prompt? Well, because WordPress says that,

The past few weeks have been tough and painful for many of us. They also showed us that regardless of where we live or how radically our lives have changed because of COVID-19, expressing ourselves and connecting with others can help us navigate difficult times.

So, in case you missed this, I wanted to pass this on to you.

22 thoughts on “Return of the WordPress Daily Prompt

• Fandango March 31, 2020 / 11:01 pm

But apparently only for the month of April while we’re all sequestered in our homes.

1. angloswiss March 31, 2020 / 11:51 pm

I saw it in the reader, but was not greatly impressed. Thank goodness for enterprising bloggers (like yourself) that kept us from withdrawal symptoms in the past few years without a WordPress daily prompt. I think I will stay where I am, much more reliable. Glad to see that Ben Hubermann is still amongst us.

2. Liz April 1, 2020 / 12:09 am

I noticed yesterday of the mention it was back. I was happy to hear at first, until I got to the part of it only being for the month of April. Then I was disappointed. So as I have lived without it this long, I can certainly continue without it. So unfortunately, I won’t be joining in.

3. Christine Bolton April 1, 2020 / 7:23 am

I didn’t know that. I have mixed feelings as you and others have really done an outstanding job in pulling us all together and forming bonds through these daily exercises. I hope you won’t stop. If anything give yourself a vacation for the month of April 🙂👍❤️

• Fandango April 1, 2020 / 3:30 pm

Don’t worry. I’m not about to stop my daily word prompt. I wonder how many will embrace the WordPress daily post, given that it will only be for a month.

• Christine Bolton April 1, 2020 / 4:21 pm

I think some will start to incorporate it into their work along with the other prompts. When they no longer offer it, our prompts will go on and WP’s will be a fading memory!

4. sonia67bones April 1, 2020 / 10:04 am

Thanks for bringing it back, it inspires me to keep writing, though I don’t always share what I’ve written. 💕

5. Melanie B Cee April 1, 2020 / 11:28 am

Well WOO HOO! I’ll see what kind of time I have (and what sort of energy level) and endeavor to pick up the Daily Prompt once again. Thanks Fandango!

6. leigha66 April 1, 2020 / 7:13 pm

I would be more impressed if it was for more than one month. I will keep doing FOWC sir… unless you are taking the month off of course.

• Fandango April 1, 2020 / 10:38 pm

No, I’m not taking the month off and I look forward to reading your posts in response to my daily one-word prompt each day. Thank you, Leigha.

• leigha66 April 3, 2020 / 12:30 am

You are welcome Fandango. And I am pleased that you look forward to what is yet to come… you may have even made me blush! LOL

7. graceestano May 21, 2020 / 11:02 pm

I have stopped blogging when Daily Prompt stopped. Now it’s back and so am I. I’d like to write my thoughts about Covid 19 lockdown and people grumbling about it. But if you are a Bible believing/reading Christian you would know that this is not something new. Noah and his family, along with a number of animals, were in a lockdown for 40 days and nights inside a boat..How easily Noah could have raised a fist to God.and call Him stupid as someone did not too long ago..”Why did you let me build a boat only to keep me and my family locked up in it for 40 days and nights while You flooded the earth?” But he didn’t. He had kept his faith and abide by God’s plan knowing that His plan was better than his. Did you know that the lockdown could have been God’s way of cleansing the earth? There were less motor vehicles and the streets which resulted in less pollution. Social distancing was observed so the virus could not spread. Families began talking, playing, praying and doing things together. Because of the liquor ban, there was less news about killing, drunk-driving, road accidents, theft and burglary. The pandemic had also brought out the good in people. Everyone became his brother’s keeper.I hope and pray that even when the pandemic is done and gone, people would continue obeying the law, keep the faith and let love rule the earth.