One-Liner Wednesday — Business as Usual

6D526E31-4BD2-48FF-A97D-DCE2AB91FB2F

“I would love to have the country opened up and just raring to go by Easter.”

Donald J. Trump

A World Health Organization (WHO) spokesperson told a press conference in Geneva yesterday that there has been a “very large acceleration” in U.S. coronavirus cases in recent days.

Yet the American president, despite warnings like these from the WHO that the United States could soon become the epicenter of the global coronavirus pandemic, wants to return the country to business as usual by Easter.

Further, Trump has predicted that, on Easter Sunday, there will be “packed churches all over our country.” He added, “I think it would be a beautiful time, and it’s just about the timeline that I think is right.”

This is something that virtually all doctors, epidemiologists, and health experts agree is exactly the wrong thing to do if we want to “flatten the curve” of this highly contagious and easily transmitted disease.

It’s obvious that the current president of the United States is more eager to prop up the faltering U.S. economy in order to reinvigorate his re-election campaign than he is in saving the lives of American citizens.

Written for today’s One-Liner Wednesday prompt from Linda G. Hill.

31 thoughts on “One-Liner Wednesday — Business as Usual

• Fandango March 25, 2020 / 9:03 am

One that puts all of us who live in the real world in danger.

1. V.J. Knutson March 25, 2020 / 6:27 am

As ludicrous as his statements are, I fear for those who will follow him and put everyone else in danger.

2. Marleen March 25, 2020 / 7:11 am

He is a shameful man, representing shameful people.

3. rugby843 March 25, 2020 / 10:14 am

Interesting the looks on people in background, except for Pence of course….🙄

Sent from my iPad

4. animar64 March 25, 2020 / 10:22 am

“You’ll have packed churches all over our country … I think it’ll be a beautiful time.”

There’s a scene in the tv movie adaptation of Stephen King’s ” The Stand ” where the survivors of the Virus are cleaning up the town and they go into a church-what they found was not so beautiful.

Anyway, that’s what I thought of when he said that.

• Fandango March 25, 2020 / 10:48 am

I don’t remember that scene. I may have to see if I can find the movie and stream it.

• JoAnna March 25, 2020 / 10:53 am

I keep thinking of that movie. I’ll have to go look for that scene.

5. JoAnna March 25, 2020 / 10:54 am

If a person’s delusions become dangerous, that person should be committed to a locked psychiatric facility.

6. Maggie March 25, 2020 / 11:35 am

He does not face grocery stores, or uncontrolled workplaces or gas pumps or even his own ludicrous followers. He is a disgrace, plain and simple.

7. JT Twissel March 25, 2020 / 1:56 pm

He already has blood on his hands for causing the deaths of people who listened to his “medical” advice. Apparently it isn’t enough. He wants more.

8. myrattledcage March 26, 2020 / 2:44 pm

How funny you should mention his reelection efforts!!! This is what he tweeted yesterday afternoon!!

“The LameStream Media is the dominant force in trying to get me to keep our Country closed as long as possible in the hope that it will be detrimental to my election success. The real people want to get back to work ASAP. We will be stronger than ever before!”

It is so sad to see that this country I love has an Electoral College that put him in the White House instead of the popular vote. Lord Have Mercy, I pray we do not have another for years of this narcissistic idiot!! I Can’t, I just Can’t!!

• Fandango March 26, 2020 / 11:15 pm

His selfishness and narcissism is astounding. I agree that we need to get him out of the White House!

9. leigha66 March 26, 2020 / 8:20 pm

Of course he wants everything back to normal so soon, he needs to go play golf and burn more of the tax payers money.

10. annieasksyou March 26, 2020 / 8:23 pm

He doesn’t even have the sense—or advisers he’ll listen to—to realize that the Dow won’t like the deaths of all the grandmas and grandpas. Or to realize he’s a grandpa…