Fandango’s Provocative Question #62

FPQWelcome once again to Fandango’s Provocative Question. Each week I will pose what I think is a provocative question for your consideration.

Over the past few weeks, each of us has had to make some sacrifices due to the global coronavirus/COVID-19 pandemic. Many of us have had to make adjustments to how we go about our daily lives. My provocative question this week is simply this:

What activities have you cut from your life since this pandemic started that you DON’T really miss?

If you choose to participate, write a post with your response to the question. Once you are done, tag your post with #FPQ and create a pingback to this post if you are on WordPress. Or you can simply include a link to your post in the comments. But remember to check to confirm that your pingback or your link shows up in the comments.

18 thoughts on “Fandango’s Provocative Question #62

1. Marleen March 25, 2020 / 7:07 am

I can’t really think of anything I’ve had to give up that I don’t miss. I was going to say that I haven’t, so far, missed, going to the concert hall(s)… but the “s” on there is due to my remembering that one of my sons [the one who most would prefer to be going to work rather than working from home] and I had plans to go to a concert. It is disappointing that it won’t happen. I wonder if he’s getting his money back or a rain check? (Or neither.)

Okay, here’s something… short term. Due to planning ahead, I don’t miss shopping or going out to eat. I will miss going out to eat, but not yet. For that matter, I’ve been fine, so far, with not having greens, fresh herbs, and berries. That’s not going to last long. I can find other ways to meet the need: herbal supplements, vitamins and minerals, cereal with freeze-dried berries. Yet, I like fresh produce. Do I miss herbs/greens enough to grow them?

• Marleen March 25, 2020 / 4:54 pm

I wondered: if he’s getting his money back or a rain check? (Or neither.)

Turns out that, so far, tickets in hand will be honored at the rescheduling.

2. kajmeister26 March 25, 2020 / 7:47 am

Easy… sitting in traffic! (Bay Area has some of the worst in the country.) The empty freeways… which I ventured out into.. are blissful except that they encourage even more reckless speeding than usual by that crop of folks unfortunately influenced by movies. But at least I can drive on the roads at 2:30 pm without factoring in another 20 minutes to the trip.

3. Marilyn Armstrong March 25, 2020 / 4:24 pm

It’ll be up the day after tomorrow. FYI, life hasn’t changed very much. Owen lives here and he was our most frequent visitor. Haven’t seen or heard from my granddaughter since all this began. Well, that’s not true. We we emailing a lot in the beginning, but I think she’s trying to continue her education online and that is very difficult for her. She has focus issue. Otherwise, i get emails from a lot of co-bloggers and I’m definitely getting a lot of more feedback. I suppose with so many people locked in their homes, blogging is — fo now, anyway — back. I’m getting more hits on 3 posts than I was getting on five.

Massachusetts just went into lockdown this week, though it’s not as strict as it is in other places. Because we aren’t in the city, the primary change is that once a week, we have to get up at 5 in the morning to make it to the supermarket by 6. And choices are pretty limited. I’m hoping that as time goes on, there are more choices. But we aren’t going to starve.

• Fandango March 25, 2020 / 9:57 pm

So far, getting things to make for meals at the grocery stores hasn’t been an issue. Just toilet paper and disinfectants like Lysol are MIA.

4. leigha66 March 26, 2020 / 8:09 pm

The frequent errands for things we would forget at the store or run out of – sometimes 3 or 4 times a week.