Double Your Pleasure

Blog Award NominationsWith all of the crappy news and the requirement to stay at home in the midst of this COVID-19 pandemic, I am happy to say that two bloggers have nominated my blog for awards.

Riya Gupta, at World of My Thoughts, nominated my blog for the Vincent Ehindero Blogger Award, which is, quite honestly, one I had never heard of before. Turns out that Vincent Ehindero is a self-identified “online influencer and inspirational writer who gives awards to bloggers and blogs to support their good works.”

I also received a nomination for the Mystery Blogger Award from DebbySEO, who apparently offers a complete range of low-cost SEO services.

Thank you, Riya and Debby, for the nomination. I do appreciate the recognition. That said, mine is an award-free blog, but not a question-free blog. So I’m going to answer the questions that Riya and Debby posed.

First Riya’s questions:

1. What’s the best thing you like about blogging? And your advice.

The best thing about blogging is the community of creative, imaginative, passionate, and compassionate bloggers with whom I interact each day. My advice to bloggers is to be creative, imaginative, passionate, and compassionate and to write about whatever interests you.

2. What do you do to relax?

With a mandatory shelter-in-place/stay-at-home order where I live, I’ve been doing a lot of Netflix and chillin’ and trying to avoid watching the news.

3. What is that one thing you are very grateful for?

I am very grateful that, to the best of my knowledge, no one in my family or that I personally know has displayed any of the symptoms of, or has tested positive for, coronavirus.

4. What is your happiest moment?

My happiest two moments were when our two children were born.

5. Would you prefer a cat or dog?

We have one of each and I love them both.

And now for Debby’s questions:

1) Have you ever smiled at a stranger and then wished you hadn’t? Why or why not?

I’ve smiled, nodded, and even said hello to strangers, but I’ve never wished I hadn’t. Why would I?

2) What is your favorite SEO plugin for WordPress?

At the risk of sounding like a technological neophyte, I have no idea what an SEO plugin for WordPress is or what it would be used for. So, no, I don’t have a favorite.

3) If you could shop for free at any store, which store would you choose and why?

At this moment it would be any store that has a decent supply of toilet paper.

4) If you could make one thing illegal, what would it be?

Hoarding toilet paper.

5) Have you ever had SEO work done, and if so were you happy with the results? If you did the work yourself how did you do?

I know that SEO stands for Search Engine Optimization, but I really don’t know what that’s all about and I’ve never had any SEO work done or done any SEO work myself. So I have no SEO results to be happy or unhappy about.

If anyone else wishes to take a shot at answering Riya’s and/or Debby’s questions, now is the time.

19 thoughts on “Double Your Pleasure

1. DebbySEO March 23, 2020 / 7:23 am

Thanks for answering all the questions it’s so nice to get to get to know you better! SEO or Search engine optimization is all about getting traffic, something which I am passionate about. I opened a free blog account as an experiment less than two weeks ago and am posting my daily progress of getting ranked in engines such as Google, Yahoo, Duckduckgo and Bing just to prove that it is possible to climb to the first page without spending any money. If you like to see how I’m doing so far you can check out my latest post at https://debbyseo.wordpress.com/2020/03/23/listing-on-first-page-of-bing-yahoo-and-duckduckgo/ and if anyone needs help don’t be a stranger advice is free and I’m happy to answer all your questions. Warm Regards, Debby Winter

• Fandango March 23, 2020 / 10:32 pm

Blogging is just a hobby for me and being ranked on the first page of a search engine isn’t why I’m here. But that’s just me. I know some other bloggers who consider that to be important. Anyway, thanks for the award and continued success in getting to page one!

2. Marleen March 23, 2020 / 8:41 am

I actually have smiled at someone and regretted it. Twice… two different, but seemingly similar, people. The first time was decades ago, at the baby shower for one of my close cousins when she was pregnant with her first child. Her father (no longer really part of the family as far as the rest of us were concerned) was there from out of town. A balloon was floating in the air, and I pushed it along with my hand while smiling in the direction from where it had headed. Turned out no one else was looking at the balloon as her father had been the one to propel it into the room. Then he had this creepy look while wanting to continue bopping the balloon in the air.

Well, my cousin did not previously know that her mom (my mom’s sister) had divorced her dad because she had found out he was a child molestor [that shows up here as a typo]. It was shortly after that day that my aunt informed my cousin (the significantly younger sister of the cousin who was more like my age), so she wouldn’t bring her child around him.

Something like half a year ago, I was buying a couple items (not medications) at a pharmacy. The man at the check-out counter offered me a coupon, and I thanked him and smiled. He got this weird look and attitude, almost insisting on more happy praise for himself — reminiscent of that now long-dead father of my two cousins.

The cousin my age didn’t go to his funeral, despite efforts at forgiveness (oh, to be clear, of or toward him), because he was a very judgmental person and she was in a relationship with a woman (to whom she is now, since it became a legal function, officially married).

{ Upon reading the Old Testament, I thought he should already be dead. But people hadn’t sorted out, yet, back then, what is to be done with regard to a man like that. So the cousins were sent to visit him (and his new wife and then their three additional daughters) each summer, as part of the child support agreement. I asked my mother if the younger cousin had been told about her “dad,” and I was given an obtuse sort of yes. But she had not. Back in those days, significant reasons were given for divorces. But acceptance changed with the next “generation” — and the six-years-younger cousin had never insisted on being told a good reason. }

3. RuthScribbles March 23, 2020 / 9:35 am

In the next county over, hoarding toilet paper is illegal. One can only buy 12 rolls (unless packaged in larger quantities-but manufacturers are redoing and only making 6 packs evidently?)

We will need some this week. I hope there is some on the shelves.

• Fandango March 23, 2020 / 11:08 pm

We are down to our last four rolls. I keep telling my wife to drip dry after she pees, but for some reason she doesn’t find that funny. 🤷🏻‍♂️

4. Sadje March 23, 2020 / 1:09 pm

Thanks for a touch of hilarity in your answers. 😂

5. Rising Star April 7, 2020 / 11:16 am

Congratulations on two awards FANDANGO. It’s indeed a great post. I always enjoy learning more about bloggers I know.