Fandango’s Provocative Question #61

FPQWelcome once again to Fandango’s Provocative Question. Each week I will pose what I think is a provocative question for your consideration.

I doubt that there’s anyone who hasn’t, in one way or the other, been impacted by the coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic, whether it’s simply the inability to find toilet paper in any stores or having their lives disrupted by the closings of schools, business, and gatherings and being asked to stay home.

Some people, like Fox News on-air personalities and even some congressional Republicans, have been downplaying the pandemic. California Republican congressman Devin Nunes, for example told his constituents, “…one of the things you can do, if you’re healthy, you and your family, it’s a great time to just go out, go to a local restaurant, likely you can get in, get in easily.”

Other Republican have been calling this whole coronavirus “thing” Nothing more than a politically motivated attempt to bring down the president. But no one has been more guilty of spreading disinformation about coronavirus than Donald Trump.

And so for this week’s provocative question, I’m going to do something different. I’m going to ask you to watch a report from CNN host Don Lemon. It’s about 12 minutes long, but I encourage you to watch the whole thing if you have time. And then, once you’ve watched it, my question to you is simply this:

What is your reaction to Don Lemon’s assessment?

Here’s the the video:

If you choose to participate, write a post with your response to the question. Once you are done, tag your post with #FPQ and create a pingback to this post if you are on WordPress. Or you can simply include a link to your post in the comments. But remember to check to confirm that your pingback or your link shows up in the comments.

21 thoughts on “Fandango’s Provocative Question #61

• Fandango March 18, 2020 / 11:25 am

Now that would be a lovely miracle.

1. rugby843 March 18, 2020 / 9:12 am

I watched most of it. It’s only repeating what I’ve been saying all along, not news to me. I have to say I can’t watch T without being extremely sad that the US has come to this state where such a is our leader. Sad, disappointed, and yes, frightened for our future. Surely the people who are at these rallies hearing one thing and then another a few days later have the mind to question? I feel helpless.

Sent from my iPad

2. Ruth March 18, 2020 / 12:36 pm

I love Don Lemon – we watch him on CNN 🙂

3. Chatting With San March 18, 2020 / 2:54 pm

CNN is the reason behind the mess going on here in the states. It did start off as a political stunt to make trump look bad. I wish they’d let this thing play out in the voting booths and leave the crazy 45 alone. Geez!

• Fandango March 18, 2020 / 5:42 pm

So you believe that this worldwide pandemic that has infected 220,000 people and killed almost 9,000, most outside the U.S, was manufactured to make Trump look bad? You’re insane.

• Fandango March 18, 2020 / 8:29 pm

I apologize for calling you insane. It’s just that you sound like Donald Trump blaming the media for this whole mess. And we both know that Donald Trump is delusional. So perhaps you’re not insane. Just delusional.

• Chatting With San March 18, 2020 / 10:44 pm

You can diagnose me however you like. I’m not offended. I don’t know you to care. But I stand on my statement.

• Fandango March 18, 2020 / 11:43 pm

You stand behind your statement that “CNN is the reason behind the mess going on here in the states” and that “It did start off as a political stunt to make Trump look bad,” huh? Do you also give Trump a rating of 10 on a scale of 10 for the way he’s handled this? Do believe him when he said he knew that this was a going to be a pandemic way before anyone else did? Was he just pulling our legs last month when he said it was going miraculously just go away? CNN and other news outlets (excluding Fox News) have been reporting the facts and informing the public about a dangerous and potentially life threatening disease. They are not the reason we are in this mess here in the states. Trump’s incompetence is a big contributor to this mess we’re in. And this didn’t start out as a political stunt to make Trump look bad. He does that every time he opens his mouth. People are sick and dying, and that is not CNN’s fault. As Harry Truman said, “The buck stops here,” meaning at the President’s desk, but our current President takes absolutely no responsibility for the totally inadequate way this country has handled this matter. But go ahead, stand by your statement. No doubt there are many who agree with you, as it seems almost half of Americans are practicing willful ignorance when it comes to Donald Trump.

4. Melanie B Cee March 19, 2020 / 12:43 pm

My contribution: http://sparksfromacombustiblemind.com/2020/03/19/fpq-61/

And to bloggers like that idiot you had the debate with? Do you write comments like that just to stir up some more shit? CNN and COVID-19 did not conspire to make Trump look bad. He did that without any help from anyone. Including his supporters like yourself. Not my business, but geezus. Shut up already.

5. Carol AnneCarol anne April 1, 2020 / 5:14 pm

He’s nuts. He always knew it was a pandemic? He didn’t know. He is so arogant. I cannot believe his stupidity!

• Fandango April 1, 2020 / 10:32 pm

It’s so frustrating and depressing that he’s the leader of my country.