Who Won The Week? 03/15/2020

10CC3057-4EEA-4C80-B8C1-700C0FC6C906It’s time for another Who Won the Week prompt. The idea behind Who Won the Week is for you to select who (or what) you think “won” this past week. Your selection can be anyone or anything — politicians, celebrities, athletes, authors, bloggers, your friends or family members, books, movies, TV shows, businesses, organizations, whatever.

I will be posting this prompt on Sunday mornings (my time). If you want to participate, write your own post designating who you think won the week and why you think they deserve your nod. Then link back to this post and tag you post with FWWTW.

This week I am choosing me, Fandango. Yes, that’s right. I won the week. Why am I bestowing this great honor on myself? Because I’m down to one house.

Five and a half weeks ago, my wife and I moved from the “big city” to a relatively small suburb about 35 miles to the east. Two weeks after we vacated our old house, and after some sprucing up and staging, our San Francisco house went on the market.

Could the timing have been any worse? First, the news about this new coronavirus having reached America came out. People were testing positive for the virus, a lot of whom were getting sick, and with some dying. That created a widespread sense of fear, uncertainty, and doubt, also referred to as “FUD.” Then the stock market started falling precipitously, adding to the FUD. People were stocking up on toilet paper and hand sanitizer and pulling their money out of the stock market and stuffing it into their mattresses.

Some industries, including travel and entertainment, began scaling back and jobs were being lost. Schools were being closed, sporting events were being canceled, and large, public gatherings were being banned. Economists were saying we were entering a serious and potentially long term recession. Who buys a new house under those circumstances?

I thought for sure that we were doomed to carry our old house indefinitely. But, for a change, Lady Luck seemed to be smiling down upon us. A week and a half after going on the market, we accepted an offer on our house that, remarkably, was 20% over asking! And a week after that, this past Wednesday, we closed escrow. So now we’re down to one house. Phew!

And that is why I won the week!

And now it’s your turn, folks. Who (or what) do you think won the week?

22 thoughts on “Who Won The Week? 03/15/2020

1. Jen Goldie March 15, 2020 / 9:39 am

You definitely won the week from my POV my friend! 🏆⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐😊

2. Stine Writing March 15, 2020 / 11:29 am

You deserve to win! Congratulations! I am supposed to put my house on the market soon but I am not sure if I want to tie it up under contract if no one is buying…Keeping it clean, leaving on short notice, open houses…I cannot stand to think of it.

• Fandango March 15, 2020 / 11:32 pm

I was fortunate this time around to be able to move out BEFORE putting the house on the market, so I didn’t have to deal with open houses and showings. And the whole thing happened quickly, so I’m a happy camper!

3. Marleen March 15, 2020 / 1:27 pm

Congratulations, again, on your winning! 😁

4. Irene March 16, 2020 / 7:09 am

Congratulations to the champion of the week! I am guessing the subs are less crowded than the SF area, so lower chance of a virus breakout, right?

• Fandango March 16, 2020 / 7:27 am

Yes, less crowded, but people are still out and about and a lot of people seem to be suffering for “this can’t happen to me” syndrome. And so the virus keeps spreading.

5. leigha66 March 18, 2020 / 3:20 pm

Way to go Fandango… congrats on the win! Now, how is the unpacking going?

• Fandango March 18, 2020 / 10:07 pm

We’re pretty much unpacked, but I still have to hang all of the pictures.