Oh Shit!

DEC301FA-5F86-4F5D-93EA-60458A653393It’s been a pretty shitty day today. We have about six rolls of toilet paper in our linen closet. So to be on the safe side, this morning I made a run to get some back up rolls, just in case. I went to two drug stores and three grocery stores and there was not a single roll of toilet paper in sight.

Then, right after getting back from my unsuccessful toilet paper run, I got a call from my bank about “suspicious activity” on my credit card. Sure enough, some evil people have attempted to use my name and credit card number to pay for Netflix and to purchase meals at Chipotle, a restaurant I have never been to and never plan to go to, particularly in light of a toilet paper shortage.

So the bank is canceling that credit card and will be sending me a new one with a different account number. What a hassle!

And if that wasn’t enough to ruin my day, I saw an article come across my newsfeed saying that many of Bernie Sanders’ hardcore supporters, also called “Bernie Bros,” are vowing that they will never vote for Joe Biden at the ballot box — even if that means handing Trump a second term.1BBD071C-D3BE-4FE8-9549-849F74C47575Are you fucking kidding me? Bernie, the handwriting is on the wall. You won’t win the nomination, so it’s time to drop out and get your so called Bernie Bros to pull together and support Joe Biden, if for no other reason than to unite the Democrats so that we can rid our country of the scourge of Donald Trump.

Yes, it’s been a pretty shitty day today.

39 thoughts on “Oh Shit!

1. Nova March 14, 2020 / 5:21 pm

Shity days pile everything into one. Tomorrow will surely be better.

2. Suze March 14, 2020 / 5:21 pm

you can still (not sure for how long) get tp at walmart. com

3. myrattledcage March 14, 2020 / 5:26 pm

I agree with you whole heartedly in regards to the “Bernie Bros”. I certainly hope and pray the democrats pull it together and we are able send Trump packing!!

4. Dennis March 14, 2020 / 5:31 pm

Man, the stupid hoarding is going on here in Germany too. People freak out like there is going to be war.

5. newepicauthor March 14, 2020 / 6:56 pm

I am lucky, aa I buy my toilet paper at BJ’s where you purchase in bulk, but I saw there was none left now. Bernie is not a Democrat, he is a Socialist.

6. Marilyn Armstrong March 14, 2020 / 7:29 pm

There is a REASON I don’t like Bernie and this is it. He’s all about himself. He’s going to make this as difficult as he made 2016 and he should be ashamed of himself AND his supporters.

7. slmret March 14, 2020 / 7:43 pm

I was in Von’s this afternoon (our SoCal Safeway) — they had a very few cases of TP, and staff were handing it out a package at a time. They also had only 2 loaves of bread on the entire shelf! There was a sign on the door as I left that they would close at 10 pm today until 6 am tomorrow in order to restock the shelves. Perhaps supplies will be available in the early morning ~ ~ ~

8. Christine Bolton March 14, 2020 / 8:19 pm

Oh shit is right. They are no better than Trumpers. WTF kind of reality are these people living in?

9. Taswegian1957 March 14, 2020 / 8:45 pm

Commiserations about the credit card thing. That happened to me recently too and as I live in a rural area I was about a week with no money but the $10 I had in my purse at the time. I didn’t dare go out because a bus fare and coffee would have seen that gone.

The Bernie Bros are crazy if they would vote for Trump over Biden. They may not like the choice but isn’t the object to get Trump out of office? I do wish people would consider the policies before the personalities when they vote instead of turning every election into a popularity contest. It happens here too, even with the Westminster system. People vote according to whether they like the leader of a party even if that party has policies that are harmful to anyone who is not wealthy. Makes me wild. Sorry, rant over.

• Fandango March 14, 2020 / 11:28 pm

I’m always amazed at how many people vote against their own best interests.

10. amoralegria March 14, 2020 / 9:00 pm

I did vote for Bernie Sanders in the primary (because Elizabeth Warren had dropped out by the time I voted) but voted for all of Warren’s delegates (which is separate from the presidential choice in Illinois). I actually was very passionate about Warren, but I’m ABT (anyone but Trump) and will work to convince Bernie supporters to vote for Biden. Last time, they stayed home and look what happened!

C’mon, people! Don’t let perfect be the enemy of good!

• Fandango March 14, 2020 / 11:29 pm

“Don’t let perfect be the enemy of good!” Perfectly stated.

• Fandango March 14, 2020 / 11:31 pm

I’m hoping we’ve got enough to get us through at least the middle of next week! If not, there’s always the newspaper.

• Sadje March 15, 2020 / 7:51 am

Hopefully by then some sanity would have returned!

11. latenyte March 14, 2020 / 10:28 pm

I’m not going to attempt to tackle the political part of the post. My opinions are mine and are not up for debate. The toilet paper shortage won’t last. 6 rolls would last me 4-5 months, but I use super TP, quilted northern ultra plush.

• Fandango March 14, 2020 / 11:34 pm

“My opinions are mine and are not up for debate.” And you know what they say about opinions, right? Opinions are like assholes. Everybody’s got one and they all stink. 😏

12. Stroke Survivor UK March 15, 2020 / 1:08 am

We would’ve had no trouble with getting toilet roll, but everywhere had run out of the generic, unbranded paracetamol. The shops still stocked the branded tablets,but they are 10x the price.
    I read about the Spanish Civil War once, and it was exactly the same there. The Left was fragmented and the Right wasn’t. I can look at that and say it was bad, but I am every bit as bad myself. I won’t vote Labour here – although we are in broad agreement, there are some showstoppers.

13. Lolsy's Library March 15, 2020 / 3:08 am

We have no toilet paper here either! We haven’t run out…yet, though! What is with the toilet paper?

• Fandango March 15, 2020 / 10:03 am

I guess people are worried that they will be stuck at their homes for a long time and don’t want to run out.

14. Marleen March 15, 2020 / 12:45 pm

I think I found the article. I agree with the Biden aide:

An aide to Biden insisted that his strength with other demographics would more than offset [*]renegade Bros, but told the Post they recognized the challenge and were prepared for outreach.

“It is going to be our job to bring the party together and reach out to everyone and create a united front,” the aide said.

A higher percentage of Hillary supporters voted for McCain instead of Obama — than Bernie supporters defected or didn’t vote against Trump — but Barack still won. I thought the bitter behavior [of, what shall we call them, Clinton ladies… some of whom called themselves pumas for I don’t know what reason] after Barack Obama clearly won the nomination was truly bizarre. (About as disorienting as the insane hatred of the Republicans against Obama.) I think Joe probably can carry plenty of people who liked him as Vice President for Barack (even if not quite the turnout as there was for Obama).

I wonder what the aggregate of pumas and hard-core bros comes to, numbers-wise. I’d bet, though, that some of the people who voted for Trump will be fine with Biden. Joe, too, says he’s not sorry for anything he’s done… for instance with regard to inappropriately touching women.

[*] That is… certain ones, not all and not a majority of those who would vote for Bernie if they could. And his supporters aren’t all brothers/bros or guys. It reminds me of Gloria Steinem putting down females who would prefer Bernie as being women who can’t think and just want to be where the boys are. (As I shared maybe a month ago… at the caucus in 2016, the supporters for Bernie Sanders looked like any other grouping, equal women and men.)

Beyond the “pumas,” there was Hillary herself, turning stomachs [this quote isn’t the worst of what you can read that she said at the link]:

“I don’t understand it,” Clinton added, alluding to the calls for her to quit.

Clinton made the statement after pointing out that her husband didn’t lock up the nomination until June of 1992, trying to point out that, by past history, it’s not late in the campaign.”

15. leigha66 March 17, 2020 / 9:31 pm

I have yet to figure out the run on toilet paper, non-perishable food makes sense if your cooped up for a while but unless you are stocking up for an army you should only need one multi-pack of TP. Good luck with your shopping!

16. gc March 24, 2020 / 3:23 pm