Window Treatments

A9F1206C-B9B5-4D53-8232-C6EC3C07170BYou may recall my mentioning in this post from February 11th that we have no window treatments in the house we moved into at the beginning of the month. And while most of our windows are on the sides and back of the house, where no neighbors can see in, we do have four windows facing the street. So, yes, not having any window treatments gives me the feeling, especially at night when the lights are on, that I’m living in a fishbowl and am on display for any passersby to see.

My Fandango’s One-World Challenge for today, which I scheduled to post today nearly two weeks ago, is “treatment.”

Interestingly, first thing this morning, I got a call from the place where we ordered the window treatments for our new place telling me that they’re in and that they want to come over today to install them.

So is it merely a coincidence that my word prompt for today, which I scheduled to post about two weeks ago, was published on the very day my window treatments are being installed? Or was I uncannily prescient two weeks ago when I scheduled the word “treatment” to post today?

120F28E1-148A-4D6D-972E-458179E054D4Or is this new, idyllic, suburban neighborhood my wife and I moved into more than what it seems to be? Are there forces at work that are not visible to the naked eye? Have my wife and I crossed over into the The Twilight Zone? You tell me what’s at play here.

In any event, I’ll be very happy to have shades to pull down tonight when the sun sets!

19 thoughts on “Window Treatments

1. Sadje February 27, 2020 / 11:14 am

You should try this theory by scheduling a word, about something you want done and see if it works! 😋😂

• Fandango February 27, 2020 / 11:40 pm

Good idea. I think I’ll schedule a post about winning the Powerball jackpot. I sure hope it works. 🤞

• Sadje February 28, 2020 / 6:42 am

I hope it does. And then we will be asking favors of you of similar kind! 🤣

2. Stine Writing February 27, 2020 / 11:21 am

At least no one can see inside in case anything weird happens. Take note of it just in case. You could be the next Netflix Original!

3. cagedunn February 27, 2020 / 1:44 pm

spooky … or is it simply observational skills honed to a high degree?

• Fandango February 28, 2020 / 12:11 am

As a pragmatist, I’m going with the observational skills! 😉

4. annieasksyou February 27, 2020 / 6:39 pm

So is that a perfect likeness of you in the opening—sans your disguise?

I think if you walk around looking like your gravatar (which autocorrect first made into “graveyard” and then “gravitate”), you’ll be left peacefully alone.

• Fandango February 28, 2020 / 12:23 am

Yeah, if I looked like my gravatar, or whatever autocorrect changes it into, I think my new neighbors would avoid interacting with me.

5. leigha66 March 1, 2020 / 9:20 am

Oh, I hope it is the Twilight Zone, that could be all sorts of fun! 😂

6. Carol AnneCarol anne March 1, 2020 / 7:50 pm

Yay! Your finally getting shades! Woohoo! Hope you enjoy the privacy they’ll bring. 🙂