Fandango’s February Expressions #18

6785E27C-5A43-43F6-8667-122B84D057D7

The squeaky wheel gets the oil

Each day during the month of February, at around 6 am Pacific Time, I will be posting an old adage, an old saying, a familiar expression that we’ve all heard and have probably used during our lifetimes. Your assignment, should you choose to accept it, will be to post a story, a poem, an image, an interpretation of what the expression means to you, or to do whatever it is that you want to do based upon the daily adage.

Please tag your post with #FFE and create a pingback to this post or include your link in a comment on each day’s post.

Have fun and be sure to read what others have posted in response to this prompt.

17 thoughts on “Fandango’s February Expressions #18

1. JT Twissel February 18, 2020 / 1:01 pm

I always associate this phrase with co-workers who feel like they have to complain about everything all the time to get ahead. I’d rather not think or write about them!

• Fandango February 18, 2020 / 10:54 pm

I don’t blame you. I wouldn’t want to write about them either.

2. CARAMEL February 18, 2020 / 2:23 pm

I have never heard this adage. I had to google it for a definition!

• Fandango February 18, 2020 / 10:58 pm

Seriously? Never heard of it? But now that you Googled it, does it resonate with you?

• CARAMEL February 19, 2020 / 6:23 am

Even when I googled it, the first sentence in the definition was that it is an American phrase. I haven’t heard it used here.
        From what I read I understood it to mean that the loudest complaint or problem is given attention. I think we use the saying “HE WHO SHOUTS LOUDEST” here.

3. Marleen February 18, 2020 / 2:38 pm

I like the heading, from Jim, “People Assume That You Are Satisfied” because there is a teaching that one should never complain and always trust.