One-Liner Wednesday — About Moving

662387B3-CE49-4EAE-9465-0BFC34E557AD

If we were meant to stay in one place, we’d have roots instead of feet.

Blogger and author Rachel Wolchin

I saw this quote last week after we had physically moved from the city to the suburbs and I was feeling somewhat overwhelmed. I was tired to the point of exhaustion at what seemed like the daunting task of turning our new house into our new home and I thought about how nice it would be to be rooted to something permanently.

But I think we are over the hump and things are finally starting to settle down and life is beginning to become normal again. Different, yes, but normal nonetheless.

And I’m happy that I do have feet and not roots.

Written for this week’s One-Liner Wednesday prompt from Linda G. Hill. Drawing by Peresmeh at Getty Images.

14 thoughts on “One-Liner Wednesday — About Moving

1. Jen Goldie February 12, 2020 / 11:30 am

Its good to hear things are settling down for you and your family. 😊👏

2. bikerchick57 February 12, 2020 / 11:58 am

Moving is always stressful, but isn’t it nice to be in new digs and surroundings?

• Fandango February 12, 2020 / 11:07 pm

Yes, but the change of venue will take some getting bused to.

• Fandango February 12, 2020 / 11:15 pm

Thanks. Once everything is settled, I’m sure we will. Especially once the window treatments arrive. 😏

3. anitashope February 12, 2020 / 2:14 pm

Glad the worst is over, now you can explore the newness and enjoy.

4. Laura February 12, 2020 / 7:53 pm

Happy to hear you’re on the downhill slide. Congrats!

5. leigha66 February 14, 2020 / 7:21 pm

Glad the hard work is now done, the rest should be a piece of cake.