Pack ‘em Up, Move ‘em Out

The packers and movers showed up at 8:00 this morning. By tomorrow night, everything we own will have been moved into our new house, including our dog and our cat, both of whom are somewhat freaked out by all this commotion, since they have no idea what the hell is going on.

My wife and I will be spending Thursday, Friday, and probably most of the weekend unpacking and getting things organized. And that means I won’t be around much on WordPress. I do have my daily FOWC with Fandango prompts and my daily February Expressions prompts scheduled out for the next two weeks, so they will be posted. I’ll also probably repeat one of my early Fandango’s Provocative Question posts on Wednesday and I will try to post a Fandango’s Friday Flashback on Friday.

I’m hoping that by early next week I’ll be settled in enough at the new place to get back in the game.
D77AFF46-74C3-4589-8F3C-CCF960C12385But that, of course depends to a great extent on the size of the “honey do” list that my wife has already begun compiling even though we haven’t yet moved in.

31 thoughts on “Pack ‘em Up, Move ‘em Out

1. Sadje February 4, 2020 / 9:05 am

My advice is to take it easy! It’s very easy to get worked up when moving and doing some harm to yourself. All the best 👍

2. Susan Zutautas February 4, 2020 / 9:09 am

Wishing you well on your move. I write honey-do-lists and my husband ignores them or laughs.

• Fandango February 4, 2020 / 10:29 am

Maybe I will ignore and/or laugh at her list. Thanks for the suggested. I’ll tell her it was from you! 😏

3. rugby843 February 4, 2020 / 9:47 am

I agree with Sadje. It’s not only hard work, its emotional.

4. blindzanygirl February 4, 2020 / 10:11 am

Good luck Fandango. It’s flippin’ stressful and flippin’ hard moving. Take care an look forward to seeing you back.

• Fandango February 4, 2020 / 10:35 am

Thanks. I’m looking forward to getting it over with.

5. slmret February 4, 2020 / 10:40 am

Enjoy your new home! And be sure to butter the cat’s paws! It sounds like an old wives’ tale, but if you put a little butter on the cat’s paws, kitty will lick it off and feel right at home. I don’t know why it works, but I’ve also read it in a moving kitty manual!

6. msjadeli February 4, 2020 / 5:37 pm

You’re on your way. As others have said, don’t push yourself too much. That’s how accidents happen.

7. aguycalledbloke February 5, 2020 / 2:21 am

Take it easy Honey, mind your back, don’t overreach, don’t overbend, don’t underbend, don’t underreach, don’t bend in any direction, especially in front of the smilers! Don’t squat either – bad experience with squatting!

• aguycalledbloke February 6, 2020 / 12:37 am

I can imagine Fang – l really can, house moving is a tiring business – even on so called clean moves [as in no repairs] but if you have a ‘list of things to do’ in addition – well let’s just hope you ‘are’ sleeping well …………… because you need all the energy replacement you can get ha ha 🙂

• Marleen February 6, 2020 / 11:19 am

I was way exhausted last time I moved, which was almost seven years ago.

8. leigha66 February 5, 2020 / 12:02 pm

Today you should be loading up … I hope the move goes well and you get a little time to relax between points on the honey do list!

9. annieasksyou February 5, 2020 / 8:06 pm

Alcohol might be helpful to this endeavor.
    Take it slow and steady—and best of luck!

Your honey-do list reminded me of my father, from whom I inherited my love for bad puns:”Honey-do, we cant-elope.”

10. parkermccoy February 5, 2020 / 10:59 pm

Good luck on the moving! Maybe it won’t be too bad!